View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 10:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
quill
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
The more she blinked, the more he blinked. Truly a conundrum. It was all happening, subconsciously of course. It was one of his nervous ticks. Ho, ho, ho. Don't mind the Schmoe! Arms still outstretched, and body still crouched over the desk, Professor Schmoe had absolutely no idea that Bernadette was doing so much analyzation. This was going exceptionally well, in his own opinion. Though he didn't know how much longer he could sit like this... His back was starting to ache. He wasn't as flexible as he used to be, y'know. He would surely regret this tomorrow morning.

He was disappointment in the lack of true response to his joke, though he was still wearing a grin anyway. At least he made HIMSELF laugh. Ho, ho, ho. Ha, ha, ha. Anyway (anyway, anyway). But he quickly recovered, just in time for another question too. "WELL," he began again. Blink a few times. Twitch of the head. Normal! Finneas! Things! "That depends upon which elements you would like to focus on... From a far-removed perspective, it is-er-clear that there are differences in subject material... Astronomy, History of Magic, Muggle Studies, Potions... Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera," he waved one of his hands before very quickly realizing the mistake and throwing it right back down to the desk.

Precautionary.

You could never be too safe from an impending paperwork avalanche!

Where was he? OH YES.

School. "The primary and secondary systems are otherwise, similar in terms of age range, though-uh state boarding schools are not as er common," that was a PRETTY big difference. "Muggle schools also take far more pride in their sports, I find... We, uh, just focus on Quidditch. And Gobstones!" Which was a sport in his own opinion. AND CHESS. Chess was a sport of the MIND. The greatest muscle of them all.
All this blinking reminded Bernadette of that Doctor Who episode with the Weeping Angels, and the thought of those horrible creatures possibly being real suddenly cured her of the blinking. Don't blink. Schmoe could have an angel statue in his office right now! He would be daft enough to do that. And knowing the wizarding world so far, Weeping Angels TOTALLY WOULD be a real threat here.

More! Blinking! And! Twitching! "Do you have Tourettes, sir?" Bernadette blurted out, then quickly put her hand over her mouth. Oh no, how rude! But DID HE? He certainly met the symptoms she'd read about when her one Muggle classmate kept cursing, which was allegedly due to this disease and not to the fact that he was a brat....

She hurriedly jotted down his answers, which were actually accurate, and made a note of the sporting differences with an illustration of a broom in the air. Bernie added on to her question with another question: "Well which did you attend, sir? Muggle or wizarding school? Did you do any field work to study Muggles, like living amongst them?" It was important for a so-called Muggle expert to have actually studied Muggles in the wild, in her opinion.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind