View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 01:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default yaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Finneas shifted uncomfortably in his chair, causing another small avalanche of papers to fall off of his desk. To be fair, he did try to save them by throwing his arms over the disaster. Though... it ended up looking more like he was trying to hug his desk and less like he was embarking on a rescue mission. Alas. Anyway, anyway. Still hunched over, arms hugging the desk (and paper avalanche), he looked up at Bernadette with that same awkward smile. He was anticipating a question that he could answer with his YEARS of background knowledge. Despite what it looked like, he was an academic.

"Oh," he found himself surprised. "Excellent question." Though he wasn't entirely sure that it was. "Well, uh, the rubber duck has, er, stumped academics for hundreds of years..." he began, his arms still extended and back still hunched. "There are a few trains of thought..." He blinked a few several times. "Some say they are made for children, others believe the rubber ducky, errr, makes bath time lots of fun!" There was a song about that. He remembered.

"But," he whispered, leaning in as if sharing a secret. His eyes were on a spot just past her ear. "I believe they are a symbol of comfort."
Heavens, the professor needed to hire a maid or an assistant to straighten and organize all these papers for him! That, or, um, he was perhaps very close to his desk? She had heard of people who fell in love with objects, and he was still SMILING suspiciously...

But, alas, the duck.

She scribbled something down as he began talking, her face revealing nought about her thoughts on his answer. "And why would they be a symbol of comfort?" She asked sharply, finally looking up from her desk. "Why would Muggles in particular be interested in rubber ducks, as opposed to wizards?" Did wizards NOT have rubber ducks? She just now thought of that question, and wondered how sad and terrible her classmates' upbringings must have been without fun bathtime toys.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind