View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 02:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Mathys de Nostredame
Dementor

the sky is always there for me ☀ ☁ heavy hearts like heavy clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Uh oh.

Claudine had not expected that she would have been rewarded with such an angry reaction. It really had been an accident and she was honest when she said she had tried to save it. She stood where she was, watching him stride away. She half expected those strides to crunch straight through the floor. After a moment’s hesitation, Claudine followed. Naturally, her steps for far less huge. She came to a rest at his side, opting not to sit before de Nostredame got angrier.

Was he always this angry? Or was just his precious kite’s situation had upset him?

“A dented top,’’ the Snakette replied. She held it out to show him, or for him to take, whichever he wanted. But still, that strong, intense gaze of his studied his face and body language. The head of the kite was practically folded down towards the middle. It seemed as if the kite had no top.

A new thought occurred to Claudine: would she be punished for this?
Yes. Oh yes, she would be punished.

His expression folded into a stoic one as his piercing blue eyes focused on examining the damage. Salvageable? But of course. Over the years Mathys had handled more severe destruction and often volunteered his time to the on-site repair team at the Kite Festival Cayeux-sur-Mer, but it always felt different when it was one of his creations that he was trusting out to his pupils.

"While I repair ziss I will contemplate a fitteeng detention for you," he said calmly despite his insides boiling. She could consider it compensation for the time he would have to put into the repairs. Time that could have been better suited elsewhere. "I will notify you of a time and place soon."