Thread: Charms Lesson 1
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 06:10 PM   #74 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

SPOILER!!: Blake & Claudine - one of you decide the fate of the apple! hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Why were these girls ganging up on him. He didn't want to participate in any wrong doing.... nope he wouldn't stand for it .... so maybe he should just go sit down .... would that get him in him trouble too. Should he let the professor know?? ... No he thought ... absolutely not he was no 'rat'. He just would cross his fingers and hope that the professor didn't notice.

"Nice job." He added to Claudine as he bean bag sore up. "If you can get the bean bag to do it shouldn't it work just as well for the apple?" He asked Bernadette. "So no need to try really is there?" Ugh, he sounded like whiny first year even to his own ears. Yuck.... "Alright never mind ... best of luck." He added, grabbing his back so he could cover his head when the apple came flying back down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Claudine stared in amazement. How was it that this first year had already almost master the spell? The beanbag she herself had attempted to direct to the target hadn’t gotten as far as she would have liked. Anyway, there was an apple being held out to her. One of her eyebrows arched. “Why do I have to go first when you’re the one who suggested we try something else?” But a coward she was not. A quick look was shot towards her Head of House before she snagged the apple. She shook her head at Blake. “Rat us out and I will turn you into a frog,’’ she muttered quietly to him.

With great subtly, Claudine murmured the incantation. With as much concentration as could be mustered, the girl focused. She was rewarded with the apple shooting towards the target. The fruit seemed to shine on its way up. Was it that well polished? It was quite rewarding to see but you know what was not? When the apple began zoom back down…

… directly for Blake’s head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post

.... He hoped she didn't actually think he was going to believe her.

Piers gave the first year a look and then meandered through the class, steering clear of any flying beanbags, which meant walking mostly around the perimeter of the room. He didn't want any beanbags falling on his head, even though they were completely harmless. He was glad to see people pairing up, especially unusual couplings or students who didn't seem like they'd want to do teamwork.

A few minutes later, when Piers was pleased with the amount of progress they'd made, he made his way back up to the front of the classroom and rose his voice to gather their attention again. "Alright everyone. Wands down, eyes up here." And then he waited for everyone to listen.

"Now that you have a feel for the spell, we're going to continue with the activity, but make it a little more competitive. Each group is going to get a box of darts. You'll take turns and take one dart at a time and work on your aim to try and score well on the target." This was for the competitive ones who had a hard time practicing magic without a challenge. "Remember to take turns and play nicely. I'm not taking responsibility for anyone's injuries." And he was going to leave that at that.

And with another wave of his wand, each group got a box of darts levitated their way.

"Oh, forgot to mention - I'll give an extra point for each bullseye you make." That should motivate them.

OOC: This is the main activity and final portion of the lesson. Have your students continue to practice the spell and aim their darts at the targets on the ceiling. No minimum post requirement. The lesson will close in four days. Have fun!

No need to try?! "Oh Blaaaaaaaaaaaake," Bernadette dragged his name out with a sigh at the end of it. "Where's your sense of adventure?" She shook her head with a knowing smirk, which was aimed for Claudine, who was CLEARLY more Gryffindor than Slytherin in this instance. Bernie heard the thinly veiled threat Claudine murmured to her housemate, and she LIKED IT. Her smile only widened.

She WOULD go first, but Bernie knew Claudine was up to the challenge, see. There she went, zooooooooooming the apple up, up, UP, UP! Oooh, almost to the target! Anddddddddd here it came down again, picking up speed as it dropped toward Blake's head.

"Watch out," she muttered, giving him a playful but forceful shove out of the way of the apple. Hopefully it would hit the ground and SPLATTER! Which would look SO COOL!

Bernie took her eyes off the apple for a second because the professor was talking, and TOTALLY not noticing them, and he was telling them to use DARTS! HUZZAH! She caught the box that was floating toward them and turned back to her group.

"LOOK, Blake, DARTS!" Darts which were sharp and pointy and WAY more dangerous than mere APPLES!

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind