Thread: Charms Lesson 1
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 03:24 AM   #72 (permalink)
sarahlooo

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Professor," Phoebe gave him a deadpan look as she picked up one of the beanbags and dropped it at her feet. And one at the feet of each of her partnerssss. "Don't be silly. I'm obviously interested in the theoretical aspects of this spell. I would never ever cast a spell on a person like that."

But with their permission and plenty of practice... who knew? She pointed her wand at her bean bag before glancing at Cece. "That sounds right. Alarte Ascendare." Her beanbag flipped over and Phoebe was DELIGHTED.
.... He hoped she didn't actually think he was going to believe her.

Piers gave the first year a look and then meandered through the class, steering clear of any flying beanbags, which meant walking mostly around the perimeter of the room. He didn't want any beanbags falling on his head, even though they were completely harmless. He was glad to see people pairing up, especially unusual couplings or students who didn't seem like they'd want to do teamwork.

A few minutes later, when Piers was pleased with the amount of progress they'd made, he made his way back up to the front of the classroom and rose his voice to gather their attention again. "Alright everyone. Wands down, eyes up here." And then he waited for everyone to listen.

"Now that you have a feel for the spell, we're going to continue with the activity, but make it a little more competitive. Each group is going to get a box of darts. You'll take turns and take one dart at a time and work on your aim to try and score well on the target." This was for the competitive ones who had a hard time practicing magic without a challenge. "Remember to take turns and play nicely. I'm not taking responsibility for anyone's injuries." And he was going to leave that at that.

And with another wave of his wand, each group got a box of darts levitated their way.

"Oh, forgot to mention - I'll give an extra point for each bullseye you make." That should motivate them.

OOC: This is the main activity and final portion of the lesson. Have your students continue to practice the spell and aim their darts at the targets on the ceiling. No minimum post requirement. The lesson will close in four days. Have fun!

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise