Thread: Charms Lesson 1
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 05:21 AM   #68 (permalink)
Fireheart

DMT & DMLE
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Japser Cohen
Magical Creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
Hearing the information about the Alarte Ascendare charm helped the Gryffindor understand why Fuller-Thompson said what he'd said. That using the charm if you were under the object wouldn't work. At all. And he didn't want to think about the effect of trying this spell while he was under the object and the spell failing so he was going to think about something el-

They had to work in groups??

Lucas let out a small sigh. He would much rather work by himself if he could. It was the more comfortable option but Fuller-Thompson specifically said groups. It was with that thought that he started looking around the room, trying to see if anyone actually needed a partner. If worse came to worse, he....... might have to call out for a partner himself.

But it was then that his eyes landed on a first year who was asking for a partner and he moved over to her. "Uh, hey!" Smile. "I'm Lucas. I can be your partner."
More group work. That seemed to be the trend for classes this year. Not that Avalon minded it too much. She liked having friends to collaborate with....most of the time. Making her way over to the targets, she noticed a first year Slytherin and a Gryffindor boy getting ready to practice together. Well, the professor didn't say it had to be groups of two! "Mind if I work with you guys?" she said with a smile before leaning down to grab a beanbag. The young Ravenclaw tossed it on the floor in front of her. "Shall we take turns?" Pointing her wand at the beanbag, she murmured the incantation a few times in practice before her first try. "Alarte Ascendare!" she said firmly. The beanbag quickly shot just a few inches off the ground before plopping back down. Well, at least it moved. Some more practice should help, right?