View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 03:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

The more Snozz spoke, the more lost Kaiser got. He no longer knew if playing along was really very feasible, because he hadn't the faintest idea how to respond to any of that. (He was, however, very pleased to note that he actually managed to follow a good majority of what the professor was saying, and didn't lose his way - at least in terms of understanding the actual English - more than a few times.) But then Snozz stopped talking and a reply was somewhat expected, and Kaiser was so lost on exactly what he should say next that he just sat there silently, blinking and gaping. Until, of course, he saw her.

The Headmistress. The actual, real life, in the flesh Headmistress. And she was very clearly not pleased.

"I..." he began, trying to gather his thoughts to come up with some kind of recovery, only to flinch violently as she raised her wand at him. But instead of the curse he half-expected, Kaiser found himself being abruptly dumped out of the chair. He gave a startled yelp as he hit the deck, then hurriedly scrambled to his feet.

He knew he shouldn't be finding this funny, but Kaiser was soon having quite the internal struggle in keeping his face straight. The woman was incensed, because he'd entered the wrong room and sat in the wrong chair. As far as Kaiser's crimes went, this was easily his most minor. Easily. He couldn't help but stare at the Beauxbatons Headmistress with an expression of utter incredulity, which was thankful, as it meant his amusement was effectively disguised.

Just as Kaiser rubbed his elbow - he had knocked it during his sudden introduction to the ground - someone else appeared. De Nostredame, of course, because that just about summed up Kaiser's luck.

Was he being insulted? Kaiser had the strangest feeling that he'd just been insulted. Yet again, he opened his mouth to speak - protest, explain, lie, something - but the History of Magic professor beat him to it.

... Okay. Wow. Someone remind Kaiser to never so much as pass a tissue to Snitch Snozz in the future.

Quickly, before anyone else could speak up, he finally jumped in. "Please, Headmistress, Professor..." Not Snozz, that man didn't get a plea. "... I am sorry. Je suis desolé. I was just looking, and I was tired, so I sat. I did not read. I did not think. It is very easy to get lost in this castle, it is so big." So impressive, Kaiser wanted to say, but he thought that might be a bit much. These people were very dramatic, but he doubted they were unintelligent. "When the professor came in, I thought he was playing a game."

Then, mostly because it had just occurred to him that de Nostredame had also slyly badmouthed Trent with his definitely-an-insult (and he hated to hear it), Kaiser added, "Sir, it is true what you say. I do not fit your standards. I do not fit the standards at Hogwarts either. I come from nothing, I am still learning all these rules, that is why I made this mistake, not because of Hogwarts." Was he hamming it up? Absolutely. Well, when in Rome.

Uh... France.

You are Chocolate!