View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 07:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

ina kept trying to guess the purpose of the mirrors until Professor Barlow's voice jerked her out of her thoughts. Yes, she was wondering why the mirrors were here… but it looked like that was going to remain a mystery for now. She hoped the question would provide some clue, but no such luck. Not unless they were going to somehow use the mirrors to compare and contrast the effects of transfiguration vs* charms, but that seemed a little too out there, even for Barlow's class.

She considered the question for a minute. She knew the difference between charms and transfiguration; how could she not when two of her dads were former charms professors? They'd never let her live it down if she didn't! She knew charms changed the properties of an object, while transfiguration changed the object itself… but her classmates had already said as much. What could she add to the explanation that hadn't been said? She racked her brains until finally something came to her. She raised her hand, and after being called on, she said, "Transfiguration changes an object's molecular structure, whereas charms add or change a specific attribute of an object while leaving its molecular structure intact. For example, if we were to place a shrinking charm on these mirrors, it would make them smaller, but they'd still be mirrors. But if we were to transfigure them into something, say sand, they'd become that object and cease to be mirrors." Did that make sense? She hoped it did! That answer was a lot more wordy than she expected!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...