View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 07:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Kimothy

MO & DMLE
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Astrid Grimaldi
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sailor Zhang
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skeet Octavian Sayse
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Ariadne Lysandra Ackerly
Law Enforcement
x12
Default 34. Don’t use the word “the” in your post.
Kimothée Chalamet • The UWU Agenda • Once Baby, Now Trouble • All Growed Up

His attempt to keep himself busy by looking around proved to be futile. Mo could not not glance at Amrita, anticipating her words and watching her every move. He was also subconsciously trying to see if he could pick up some of her mannerisms again (whether those were truly hers or simply another part of her act was for a different day) but his mind was elsewhere. How could it not when his day took an unexpected turn, playing with his emotions and digging up his repressed past from three years ago?

Especially when she began explaining herself.

"Get a grip, Mo," he told himself as he gently rubbed his hand on his forehead. Was that a headache? It certainly was not. It could be. Mo looked at her, deadpan for a moment, as he processed Amrita's words but then it only lasted for those brief seconds because even when he tried to pull himself together, he was nothing but an emotional big boy man. Even Amrita would know that. He'd been honest about it, even when he was currently undecided if he was okay with trusting her again. That one, he knew, would take time. And of course he hadn't moved. She would've known that too, but perhaps one tends to convince their self of false things when it meant comfort. It was understandable.

He was overwhelmed. There were so much revelations to sort out and so many emotions stacking up, he could almost feel weight on his chest. That was when his emotions got him. That was when he wiped a tear or two away with his palm. "And?" Mo said, never been thankful his voice didn't crack when it usually did. But not today even when he could feel lumps forming in his throat. "What am I supposed to do now? This...." He shuffled uncomfortably in his seat. "This isn't something I could pretend didn't happen and then laugh about while getting drunk in another trivia night, Ush—Amrita." He very well could, but everyone knows he'd just end up in tears again after a chuckle here and there. Unideal. He was known as a cool guy at pubs, not some whimpering man-child.

"I could have lived my entire life without knowing I had a daughter." Mo had not meant to burst out like that, but he was in his feelings. He'd never forgive himself for turning his back on his child.

___________________________________And the whole wide world is whistling...