Thread: Rose Garden
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 12:21 PM   #41 (permalink)
Giselle Desmarais
Other Characters
Bundimun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post

Joining the group, Rylee smiled warmly. "Good afternoon, Professors, Headmaster. Everyone else." Yes, she might not have know 'everyone's' names but she felt it best to include them all in her greeting.
.....Excuse her....?

"I am NOT everyone else." Giselle did manage to retain most of her composure but her tone made it obvious she'd taken offense. Everyone else. Everyone ELSE. "Disrespectful. Rude. Me? Everyone else? Is zhis how you were taught to address ozers?" What were these children? What honestly were they?

The Headmistress shot Trent a disapproving scowl. Did he not teach his students better?

She calmed only slightly at Mathys's words. She could always count on him. He was a good second.

"Attention. Attention!" Giselle clapped her hands to gain everyone's attention. "We are still waiting for a few people." One of whom was meant to be leading this yoga exercise. Where was she? The woman had promised to be on time to lead them all. "No matter, please, in ze mean time, 'elp yourselvze to some of ze refreshment water we 'ave on ze tablez over zere." Giselle waved a hand toward the tables in the short distance. "Fill your water bottles. If you don't 'ave one, zere are cups." Healthy water, flavoured with lemons, cucumbers, strawberries. It was their choice.

"We will begin ze yoga, soon. In ozer news, I'd like to take ze time to tell you we will be 'aving a ball. You are all invited if you remember to be on your best behaviour. We will be working very 'ard to make ze preparations and I will not 'ave any of you ruin it." Someone had to say it. They hadn't inspired much confidence since their arrival and she would be DAMNED if they ruined that, too. "Ze ball will be a Valentine's Ball. You are also welcome to 'elp wis ze decorations if you wish." Again, contingent on them not ruining everything completely. "Zere will be more information as the date draws closer."

Now was much too early and there were other, more immediate things to discuss.

"To zose of you 'oo keep looking out at ze Quidditch pitch, zere is no need. Zere will be no quidditch zis term. We cannot accommodate two quidditch cups, flying lessons, full practices for so many teams and adequately maintain ze pitch so we 'ave decided to take ze term off. When you go 'ome, you can 'ave your cup again and we will 'ave ourz." But this was one thing they could not share.

"Come, come! Drink! Enjoy! Staying hydrated iz important!"