View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 07:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mathys de Nostredame
Dementor

the sky is always there for me ☀ ☁ heavy hearts like heavy clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
At the door opening, Abra looked up. And up, into the beautiful eyes of this Professor of Magical Creatures. Feeling a bit shy, she swallowed and said "H-hello Professor. I was just wondering if you might let me visit your horse stables." She didn't want to cry, but she felt the urge bubble up.

Oh no, she didn't want to.

She looked down again, swallowing against her dry throat, before looking back up. "I used to live on a farm and I really miss our horses." Used to, before her parents went missing and she and her Auntie Lou moved to London. The cramped apartments and city living were truly suffocating. She knew how to care for the mundane horses independently, and being a first year, having grown up in a predominantly muggle town, wrongfully assumed these would be the same horses in the Horse Stables at Beauxbatons.
A polite knock and following the rules of the grounds. Mathys was quickly deciding that the poor taste Hogwarts had left in his mouth at the start-of-term feast was, as previously conceived, forgivable. Though the waterworks that appeared soon after were a bit of a questionable embellishment.

"But of course," he smiled kindly, now properly exiting his chalet and standing before her. "Perhahps you can ahsseest me with zeir feeding, oui?" He could test her out on the more docile of his winged horses before entrusting her with single malt whiskey.

Locking the door to his chalet behind him, and checking his reflection in the window, he loomed like a gentle giant over the first year. "Shall we zen?" he asked, folding one arm behind his back while gesturing in the direction of the stables with his other.