Thread: Accidents & Catastrophes: Office of the Department Head, Eliora Dodderidge
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Shanners

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

Bambi was quite alarmed by that sentence, as she was unsure what exactly Eliora meant by it, but she laughed as if her boss had said something considerably funny. Best policy when dealing with Eliora, she'd found. The blonde waited quietly until the toxic coffee was all gone before she spoke up.

Or, well, she wanted to, but the boss was making jokes again. "Thankfully, nothing of the sort." Her nose crinkled as she imagined a plate of greasy fried food on her desk, and she forcefully pushed it out of her head. She wouldn't be opposed to a few chips once a year, but certainly no more than that. "Well, I was wondering if we could discuss the possibility of a promotion," Bambi just went for it, her head held high as she tried to appear as if she is the world's most confident woman.

"I believe I have earned it, what with the smooth operations of the Quidditch World Cup last year, and you know I'm the first to arrive at the scene should any charms fail, anywhere around Britain," she added, and internally berated herself for the nerves she could hear in her voice. It's not like everything she was saying wasn't true - she was incredibly proud of her accomplishments in the department, and she knew that people saw. That one time when a building started poking rooms outside of its charm constraints in Gibraltar, she had scheduled a portkey for the department in under five minutes and the issue was resolved without a single muggle noticing the anomalies.

She deserved this promotion. She waned the larger pay grade. She could make her division shine, and the whole department too. So, she forced herself to quieten down, and looked expectantly at Eliora.
Now.. Eliora saw a lot of herself in Bambi, really she did. She had drive, determination and she was dedicated to this department. She'd make a great department head eventually. Just not now. And not any time soon because the job was taken and she had nowhere near enough experience. Eliora was happy to note that Bambi was an excellent working parent, too and she still knew she could count on her whenever and wherever.

But none of that warranted the direction the conversation went in.

Eliora was quick on her feet in situations, but not quite quick enough in that second to hide the way her brows furrowed and she bit her bottom lip in thought as to how to handle this. How best to handle it without hurting feelings, anyway. "Sure, we can discuss the possibility." Discuss. Yes. Discussing was good. As Bambi continued to speak, Eliora clicked her fingers and her mug floated over to the coffee machine in the corner and began filling itself up before coming back to her hand.

She nodded, taking a sip and looking across her desk at the other woman. "I agree that you're quick to any scene that you're needed at, Bambi," she placed her mug down and reached into a drawer behind her for Bambi's file. "You've been with us for... a little over two years now? I remember your first day almost as well as I remember mine." As she flicked pages in her file, Eliora was reminded of how impressed she was daily by the work that happened in her department. "You're incredible at your job, Bambi. But you're not supervisor ready. You don't nearly have the experience under your belt." Looking up, she offered an apologetic smile. "I can see it in the future, yeah. If you stick with us, with me, you'll get there. But right now you aren't ready for that."

Clearly, this wasn't going the way Bambi had wanted it to. Right? "Would you consider... other options? Other responsibilities?"

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________