Thread: Accidents & Catastrophes: Office of the Department Head, Eliora Dodderidge
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 11:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Daemon

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2
PHILOMATH ❅ not one atom, but two ♪ ♪ made of starstuff ❅ def main():

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanners View Post
Eliora took a glug of her coffee and a smile stretched across her face. "Bambi, darling, the day you say yes to a coffee is the day I retire." Well, actually, if Bambi said yes to coffee before Eliora was ready to retire then she'd have to clobber the younger woman over the head with an ornament of some sort. Early retirement was for the idiots. And she definitely didn't earn enough to put money aside for retirement. Honestly.

She tapped her foot on the floor along to the song in her head and continued drinking until she finished the cup she had in hand.

"What can I do for you, Bambi? One of the newbies putting toes out of line? Fried food ending up on your desk?" Eliora laughed lightly, the reality of it being that she found herself way too funny. Who would laugh at her jokes if she didn't laugh at them herself?
Bambi was quite alarmed by that sentence, as she was unsure what exactly Eliora meant by it, but she laughed as if her boss had said something considerably funny. Best policy when dealing with Eliora, she'd found. The blonde waited quietly until the toxic coffee was all gone before she spoke up.

Or, well, she wanted to, but the boss was making jokes again. "Thankfully, nothing of the sort." Her nose crinkled as she imagined a plate of greasy fried food on her desk, and she forcefully pushed it out of her head. She wouldn't be opposed to a few chips once a year, but certainly no more than that. "Well, I was wondering if we could discuss the possibility of a promotion," Bambi just went for it, her head held high as she tried to appear as if she is the world's most confident woman.

"I believe I have earned it, what with the smooth operations of the Quidditch World Cup last year, and you know I'm the first to arrive at the scene should any charms fail, anywhere around Britain," she added, and internally berated herself for the nerves she could hear in her voice. It's not like everything she was saying wasn't true - she was incredibly proud of her accomplishments in the department, and she knew that people saw. That one time when a building started poking rooms outside of its charm constraints in Gibraltar, she had scheduled a portkey for the department in under five minutes and the issue was resolved without a single muggle noticing the anomalies.

She deserved this promotion. She waned the larger pay grade. She could make her division shine, and the whole department too. So, she forced herself to quieten down, and looked expectantly at Eliora.

_____________I could still change the end