View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 09:53 AM   #84 (permalink)
Jessiqua

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
”Sounds like a lovely house –no-farmful. I’m quire jealous. I wasn’t even allowed to have an owl until I turned 15.” She’d always loved animals, even if she hadn’t gotten the greatest grades in CoMC class. ”And I bet that everything tastes so much better when it’s fresh.”

She took a bite of her salad. What to say about her job? She settled on her usual explanation. ”Well,” she pushed a piece of lettuce around on her plate while she spoke. ”I’ve sorta always been able to read auras. What I do with the skill isn’t actually that interesting. I mostly sit in on meetings and later report back my observations on the participants and the room’s atmospheres. Sometimes, I report back on the auras of cities the bank wants to do business with and banking trends in general.” She felt like she wasn’t making much sense and took the moment to eat more of her salad. After she finished chewing, she added. ”And sometimes, the skill comes in handy when they have a particularly nasty curse they need to break. But that’s only on the rarest of cases.”
Lou let out a chuckle, nodding. "It certainly was." It kept her busy, and she loved it. Her eyebrows raised, "Not until you were fifteen? Did your family have one?" How did a Wizarding family get by without one?

It was very interesting, listening about the job Winnie did. Reading Auras, interpreting them, knowing what they indicated. Lou had no special talents like that, unless a green thumb counted. "Is it something you had to practice or train?" She asked out of curiosity.

Lou had finished scrubbing the oven clean after baking some fresh bakery items, getting rid of all traces of crumbs, food, and grease, and was now sweeping the floors when she heard customers entering. Open on the counter was the book she had picked up for free from Quality Quidditch Supplies - Witchery Washings. It was really life changing, giving Lou such instant and intense motivation to clean everything. Broom still in hand, she swept any of the detritus that had entered the pub with them, sweeping it out of the door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRabbit View Post
*Entering the pub Gabben and Krel went to the bar to order. Looking over the menu he had to stop himself from ordering five different meals. Once he decided what he wanted he made his order.*
“Hello, I’d like to order two cups of tea, and an order of Fish and Chips. And she will have...”
*He trailed off to let her order.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Krel had let go of Gabben’s arm a block or so before they entered the Leaky. As they stepped on the property, she pulled out her wand and took a moment to change her pill-box hat back to her fashionable witch’s fedora. At least, now it wouldn’t slip off like it had after Gabben had bumped into her. She stored away her wand and followed Gabben to the service counter.

”Hello,” she said kindly in English that hinted that she often spoke another language. ”Shepherd’s pie please.” She glanced over the menu and even though she didn’t see any on the menu, she had to ask. ”Don’t suppose you have any muffins cooking do you?” because for Krel to have tea without a muffin was like…Christmas without those silly paper crowns. And, well, it didn’t hurt to ask now did it?
With haste, she popped back behind the counter and took a fresh piece of paper from the ordering pad. "Hello, how are we today?" she asked, smiling to her patrons and listening to their orders. "Two cups of tea, fish and chips, Shepherd's pie," she tallied up. With a widening grin she said "It just so happens I've got some cooling pumpkin muffins, and raspberry and white chocolate muffins. Fresh from the oven."

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move