View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 09:39 AM   #81 (permalink)
Jessiqua

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
”I imagine the city is a big distraction,” Winnie said smiling as she watched Lou fix her drink.

As the lady walked off, Winnie picked up the cocktail and took a small sip. She closed her eyes enjoying the taste. The background noise of the pub buzzed around her as she took a moment to center herself. She was really not looking forward to going to this dinner with Conley, but as he usually footed the bill for everything, she couldn’t really complain. Could she? She guessed she could always say no next time, but…

The clunk of the plate brought Winnie back to the present and she opened her eyes and pulled herself out of her reverie. Ooooo garlic bread! Was the woman trying to win Winnie’s heart? Garlic bread was the best. ”Farm! Did you have chickens and goats? I love goats.” And goat cheese and goat milk.

She was glad she wasn’t being obnoxious. Oftentimes she found that people mistook her enthusiasm for learning new things as impertinence. ”Me?” she asked, voice sounding a bit surprised. People didn’t often ask her about herself. What to say? She took a bite of salad as she thought. ”I work as an aurologist and sometimes as a curse breaker for Gringotts.” Depending on the type of curse her particular skills with reading auras could be quite useful. Mostly she sat in on meetings and reported back later about the room’s occupant’s temperaments. It was often boring, but it paid well.
"Yes, but in a good way. At least for the moment," she smiled.

Lou enjoyed watching her food bring some joy to her customers, and she pulled her seat to her end of the bar. Nodding she said "Chickens, and lots of them, goats, cows, we had a few dogs and a cat." She took a sip of her water. "Mmm they are good, we had all of our eggs, milks, cheeses from them. We didn't really have to buy an awful lot of produce." She got to save money by doing what she loved.

Letting out a small laugh and nodding, Lou stopped talking about herself to listen about Winnie. "An aurologist? That sounds really interesting. What got you into that?"

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move