Thread: Seating Area
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #33 (permalink)
Stormdancer

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Toto * RotiSila * ToRo * Braveheart * Grandma & Mama Tori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
It wasn't until his name was being called that Dalton looked up - he heard the click of high heels approaching him, but the likelihood that it was someone who actually wanted to engage with him was very slim, and therefore his head stayed bowed. And even when his name was called, it was more the voice that caught his attention - the accent was particularly recognisable.

"Guilia," he greeted, offering the woman one of his rare more-smile-than-grimace looks as she sat opposite him. If he'd been a laugher, then he would have laughed at her comment. His eyes lit up a little, though, even if laughter didn't leave his mouth. "You must be having an awful day if the sight of me cheers you up."

His least favourite question, though - how was his day. With a little shrug, Dalton took a sip of his water, as much to buy him time as it was to quench his thirst. "My tests are frustrating me, that's all. What about you?" Because he would much rather listen than talk.
Giulia smirked slightly, still amused that Dalton could manage to last so long without giving her a smile. He reminded her of her cousin, Nero, in that way ; but really, if she thought about it further, that was pretty much where that comparison ended. Nero was nice and all, but she genuinely preferred Dalton’s company. She was sure that Nero would agree, finding his wife much better company than his younger cousin.

Pulling her attention away from thoughts of her family in Italy before she made herself homesick, she looked across the table and rolled her eyes slightly but she saw that twinkle. “Do not be so hard on yourself, Dalton. You will always make my day better - even if it is already good, it would then be great.” She nodded, before sipping her water again.

Watching him, her eyebrows furrowed slightly at that little shrug he gave her. Hmm. Bad day. She knew the answer even before he told her, but she nodded sympathetically all the same. “I hope that time away from your desk, will clear your mind for returning.” It didn’t come out quite as she had meant it, but she hoped he knew what she meant. If not, she doubted he would call her on it. Dalton was too nice.

“And today is going well, thank you for asking.” She had gotten caught up with her filing, had made the reservations for the conference room that had needed to be done, and filed in the training logs for all of the Level 3 employee’s that had updated and completed the newer training modules. She was- what was it that they had said? - on a role?