View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 07:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Hey Ju

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
To be honest, he couldn't remember that. Theodore...the hyperactive kid who always seemed to be on a sugar high? Well, he had his own charm, and if Mordred was going to be honest, he didn't see why Sophie wouldn't like him. He was more fun, definitely. "You got along well with him," he said shrugging nonchalantly. "And he's a Slytherin. How can you not like a Slytherin?" he grinned mischievously and looked at his wife. Merlin, those ridiculous and often notorious Aparecium parchments started a lot of trouble for them. Aparecium was everywhere back in the day...and he never expected AT ALL that he'd end up in their rumour mill.

Mordred sighed and shook his head in disagreement. Was he a great dad? "I don't know...I feel like, I am lacking. Especially with Noah." he said looking back at the fountain in deep thought. The boy will be turning eleven that December, and in that short time, he can already feel the distance between him and his son. Was he too doting on Catherine then? Mordred kept quiet, as his usual and mulled things over. Sure, the twins and Scarlett and Enzo were different and similar at the same time, but they are otherwise unique in their own way. And so he thought, maybe he should be more flexible with them. He didn't know what it's like to have siblings, but he was trying his best not to have favourites. They all are special to him.

"I thought so," he said patting Sophie's arm. She's been enthusiastic with anything and everything. It was one of those qualities that he should learn and re-learn from her. "I sort of knew already. I'd be surprised if I didn't get my letter...or get sorted into Slytherin. Mum was sure of it. Said she'd be damned if she got it wrong." Mordred paused as he replayed that memory from the back of his mind. They were re-fitting his Hogwarts robes as soon as they got home from shopping school supplies. "I have to admit, that ruined the excitement a bit, because I believe her every word. She was rarely wrong." he grinned sadly, feeling a bit sad that she wouldn't see any of her grandchildren go to Hogwarts...or at least witness them getting their first wands.

Mordred took another moment to tuck away that memory, and focused on the more pressing issue at hand. "I apologise for being so sudden with all of this, but..." the dragonologist trailed off and tilted his head to look at Sophie, "I was thinking of the possibility of moving houses? Maybe somewhere in Cambridge, closer to where Father is." His dad was getting old, and he would love to be nearby for him. "And maybe we can send Scarlett and Mackenzie at St. Woboldo's?" he asked, wondering if that's a good idea. "And then maybe we can settle this puppy business with Scarlett once and for all. We can have the alpacas in a proper barn, and get a puppy for the kids. Not just for Scarlett." It was a risky thing to do, given that their other kids were already attached to the alpacas, but there was just no way of keeping ALL of the animals in that house. "What do you think?"
"Of course I did. He was a nice kid. And I got along well with most people anyway." She chuckled. Ironically, she thought of a very specific someone she didn't get along with just as Mordred made his Slytherin comment. How could she not like a Slytherin? "When said Slytherin is nasty about your blood status..." Sophie replied looking up at him and shrugging. She couldn't help but think how much worse she would've gotten had she been a Muggleborn. Merlin, some people... But she realised that had been a bit gloomy, so she smiled again. "But I like all the right Slytherins." Grin.

Mordred didn't believe he was a good dad. His comment honestly didn't surprise Sophie as she knew him too well by now, but she couldn't help but feel bad. "Don't be silly now. He's just at a funny age." And he wasn't even a teenager yet. Sophie wasn't going to bring that up, though. They would deal with tomorrow's problems when tomorrow arrived. The brunette watched as her husband obviously dove deep into thoughts and stayed quiet for a bit too, just watching him. "Okay, that's enough of that for now." She said half jokingly, but she also meant it as she nudged his side. Too much overthinking could send him to places in his mind that she didn't want him to go.

She chuckled as he explained what his Hogwarts expectations had been. As he voiced his mother's comment, she widened her eyes for a brief second, thinking that was maybe a little too much of a heavy burden to place on a child. On her lovely husband when he was a child. What if he hadn't been sorted into Slytherin? Sophie was sure that would've made him feel terrible. She made a mental note to not make any kinds of comments towards her own children, just in case. She'd be absolutely happy with whatever house they were sorted into anyway! Sophie chuckled softly again as he finished his comments on his mother and rubbed his arm. His mother was rarely wrong, hm? Another burden Sophie herself wouldn't want to carry. "Our families are so different." She chuckled.

Her husband's next words caught her completely off guard. She had been watching the slowness of everything around the fountain and was feeling quite at peace with the world only to be given what felt like very shocking news. "That was... very sudden." Her eyes were wide again as she blinked multiple times, still trying to make sense of it all. Move houses - and not only that, move to the other side of the country! -, change the kids' schooling - which wasn't just sending them to another school per se, but moving them from a Muggle system into a Magical one - AND actually getting an extra pet??

W h a t.

She wasn't even sure where to start. "I-- Uh..." Blink. She studied him for a moment before speaking up again. "This is not because you think you're lacking as a dad... is it?" Because if it was she would have a loootttttt to try and get into his lovely mind. Sophie herself loved changes, but she knew her husband. He wasn't like her. At all. Much.

Wherever had this come from?? And she wasn't getting rid of the alpacas, nope.