Thread: Transportation: Apparition Classroom
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 12:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
When she asked right away Topanga just gave a brilliant smile and walked more into the room confidently. If she pretended that would make her look better in front of the boss lady. "Oh just looking around and making myself more aware of things. You know in case I'm ever needed in other areas or anything." Did they even do that? She figured maybe there was a reason she could be used in other areas... maybe.

...anyway she just kept giving the smile as she looked around, "Need any help with anything while I'm here?" She figured that might be a nice way to smooth over her being lost and needing to find the office again.

"Do you do other things in this room or just specifically apparition?"
Kendra was a big proponent of the phrase "fake it till you make it" and if she knew that was what Topanga was doing, she'd likely approve. Of course, she'd be far more impressed if the woman actually knew what she was doing. But if her confidence was any indication, she was sure she'd have no trouble in catching on quickly and efficiently.

"I see," she said in response, nodding slowly as she kept her gaze on the younger woman, considering her. "That's admirable but I assure you that your talents are quite necessary in the floo division right now." That's why she hired her for that job, after all. "But if you decide sometime in the future you'd like to broaden your horizons..." Then that was a conversation they could have later.

"No, I'm just checking over the equipment.... well, actually, I suppose you could help out with that. As long as you're caught up with your own work..." She looked her over a moment then gave her a small appreciative smile. Wouldn't want to keep her from what she should be doing. "This room is just for apparition lessons and testing... unless you have an innovative idea." She was always opening to hearing about those, even if she didn't always implement them.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line