View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 10:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
sarahlooo

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Text Cut: Regina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
It wasn't the most exciting job, but Regina didn't mind that too much. It wasn't super busy all the time either, but there was usually something to do most of the time. A customer to help, a shelf to restock, the floor to sweep...

She was probably a little too obsessed with keeping the shop stocked and cleaned, to be honest. She probably didn't actually need to restock the shelves every time a couple items of something were sold, but better safe than sorry, right? Who knew when a sudden rush of people would come in demanding Ministry hats and jumpers, and there wasn't enough set out for them because two people had bought some earlier and she hadn't restocked?

Same with the cleaning. It probably wasn't necessary to sweep and wipe down the counters after every few customers came and went, but again, if she didn't keep up with it, it would pile up, and then what if the shop was super dusty and dirty and a bunch of people came in at once to buy stuff and she had to help them instead of cleaning and then it got worse and the customers complained and gave the shop bad reviews and then her boss would be disappointed in her and would probably fire her and then...

Ahem.

Deep breaths.

Anyway, she tended to overthink everything as usual, of course, but still, the point was she wanted to do a good job, and she wanted to stay busy somehow. It helped her to not make up all the extreme, weird scenarios that ended with her unintentionally losing her job.

So she was sweeping the floor in front of the counter, glancing up every now and then to see if any customers were coming in... when she saw her boss, Mrs. Bones, come in.

Eep.

Okay, Regina, just, like...be calm.

It wasn't like she was scared of her or anything. Mrs. Bones was actually really nice, and Regina liked her a lot. It was just...y'know, she was still her boss, so that was a little intimidating. Regina didn't want to let her down.

So she continued sweeping, maybe a little bit harder than before. Or...or should she say something? Was she thinking about buying something? She probably knew where everything was if she was buying something though, right? Or was it a test? Making sure she was greeting people properly? Was she...

Deep. Breaths. Calm down.

Merlin's beard. Okay. Okay. She was fine. This was fine.

"Hi, Mrs. Bones," she said, pausing her sweeping and offering a little smile. "Can I... Can I help you with anything?"

Okay, so she was KIND of spying on her, but it's not like she expected Regina to be taking a nap in the stock room or leaving the store in disarray or anything. She mostly just wanted to make sure the girl was settling into her new job and that she was doing alright. That's all.

So, when she saw her sweeping, she was pleased. When Regina greeted her, January smiled warmly. "Oh, you can call me January, please. We don't need to be that formal." She had always been that way - she had everyone in the department that she was familiar with call her January. It was just the way she liked it. "But no... I was just coming by to see how things were going here. Keeping busy? I know it can be a little slow sometimes..." Was it bad that she sort of felt... guilty for hiring someone to work in the gift shop? It could be quite mundane.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise