View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 11:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
Waterloo

Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1
connoisseur of comfort ❅ Crayola's Wibby Mrs Alex Turner ❅ Netflix and meow

When the kiddos got to work (if you could call that from some of them anyway), Barlow hopped off the desk and did his usual classroom rounds. He wasn’t completely invasive, there wasn’t too much snooping over shoulders but he lingered long enough to take a peek at their parchment to ensure they were on the right track.

“Daisy… Rosie… good work from the both of you.”

And ohhh, look at that! Aaron had a key! It was quite fancy looking and he found himself briefly wondering what it unlocked. He sent the Hufflepuff Prefect a nod of approval.

Next, he came across Nina and well…. her notes were compact to say the least. “Be careful, Miss Castillo,” he offered in warning, “if you don’t know your item well enough, splicing may occur and it’d be a shame to ruin such a pretty box.” The splicing was fixable, but he kept that information to himself for now.

Cleanliness wasn’t his top priority. A glance at his grubby looking robes was enough proof of that, but Cordelia’s object was still enough to give him the heebie jeebies. “It’s not ideal,” he admitted in response, wrinkling his nose. “I urge you to use the lollipop for the switching and not the …… other bits. So it’ll require a tad bit more concentration, that’s all.” And should it not work out, he always had spare items she could borrow.

“Good job, Archer….” Her item was a simple one but that didn’t mean it wouldn’t be effective! “And you too, Mr Slinkhard.” Gunter, who? “I expect colourful results from you!”

And then there was Avalon and Lucas, both of whom seemed to be familiar enough with their items to clearly list a few defining features he was glad to note. All good, all good! Hopefully that would mean no disasters. “Great stuff!” He encouraged, giving them both a thumbs up before making his way back to the front of the classroom.

“Time to put this into practice! And to do that, I’ve set us up a little obstacle course of sorts!” A quick flick of his wand lifted the disillusionment charm that had been placed on the practice area at the very back of the classroom where there were three workstations. “At the first workstation, you’ll find feathers…” Swept up fresh from the owlery this morning so beware of any poop. “At the second station, you’ll find fluffy stuffed animals.” Yes, they were very cute. “And at the final station, you’ll take turns on the mannequin.” Which he’d borrowed from the duelling arena. “You can’t move onto the next until you’ve been successful at the workstation that precedes it and if you can, I expect you to ‘switch’ a different defining characteristic from your item with all three of these items.” He took a breather, once again making sure they were all following.

“The incantation you need is Mutatis Mutandi!” As he spoke it, the words appeared on the blackboard. “And the wand action is a quick upwards motion followed by a sideways flick!” Which he quickly demonstrated before cracking a wide grin. “Remember, when performing this spell, you're switching the components from two objects. Visualisation is important! Lack of concentration and you won't get the desired results. Let’s get to it!!”

OOC: Woah, sorry for the giant post. This is the main activity, guys! You have until the 26th for this activity but keep an eye out for Question 2. Like always, any questions feel free to ask Barlow IC or hit me up! <3

_____________Take part in our Higgledy Piggledy House Cup!

Last edited by Waterloo; 07-21-2019 at 11:58 PM.