Thread: HoM lesson 2
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 07:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
griffin

DMAC & DERP
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Devin James Horton
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Deanna Joyce Horton
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Wright
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Elizabeth Wright
x1
Teapot Occamy| gryphons&giraffes&goats,OH MY | chaser of the truth | flutiful❧

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinfrog View Post
What happened next was not something Alice expected to happen in this class. She heard Cordelia shouting dramatically that the lake demanded a sacrifice. Well now, she really seemed to be in the mood. That was good. But then she pricked her finger and released a drop of blood. "Ms. Winklebleck!" she exclaimed, and she rushed to the girl's side. Her first reaction was to check to make sure she wasn't still bleeding. Thankfully, she seemed to be okay. The sword was offered to her. Well then. "Are you all right, Cordelia?" she asked in a gentler voice in case her earlier shouting had set the girl's nerves off. "You should know I did not expect anyone to injure themselves for a class activity. Not that it wasn't a worthy sacrifice. I guess it's okay." But she hoped Malachi didn't hear about this. She wasn't sure how he'd react. "I'm afraid I won't be able to offer you your sacrifice back. Would you like a healing potion?" Her answers about Percival and Mordred were correct ones, but Alice just gave a nod and a small smile in response. "That is correct. You're well read." She was a bit too distracted to elaborate on those knights further.

With that, class was over. Alice clapped her hands together. The rocks and the pools of water vanished. In their place were the student's desks - a little wet 9Alice still needed practice on her newfound magic) but intact. Tina's butterfly bracelet and Daisy's gold necklace appeared on top of their desks, along with all the other worthy sacrifices - save Cordelia's blood.

Alice beamed at the class. "Class dismissed! Have a peaceful day."
Cordelia had not been expecting the professor to shout at her when using a device that was a completely normal part of her daily life. Startled by the shouting, Cordelia turned to the professor who had appeared by her side. The young Gryffindor held up the small sword she had received from the lake. "Look, my sacrifice is worthy! It gave me a sword!" She grinned. Oh, the professor meant the finger prick. It wasn't even any more than a single drop of blood. Seriously, what was it with people seeing blood and freaking out? Surely the professor was aware of her Type 1 Diabetes and had seen her doing blood sugar tests before. If the professor didn’t know… well, this was going to be awkward. Although using a medical device to make a blood sacrifice was perhaps misuse of medical equipment. Making eye contact with Professor O’Hara, Cordelia licked the remaining traces of blood off her finger. ”I’m fine. I prick my finger with this device to test my blood sugar anywhere from 4 to 10 times a day as part of routine diabetes management. I got a test out of it too; this wasn’t completely a waste of blood.” With all the attention Professor O’Hara was giving her over a single drop of blood, the professor must have noticed that she also had the rest of her diabetes supplies out. It would have been a terrible shame to draw blood without testing. ”The, uh, lake magic can keep my sacrifice.” She didn’t exactly have any uses for a drop of her own blood that had been in water. The professor was offering her a what now? ”Unless someone has just invented a new healing potion that will fix my pancreas that the healers at St. Mungo’s haven’t told me about yet, I will do just fine without a healing potion.” If such a potion existed, she wouldn’t have type 1 diabetes anymore. Cordelia dreamed of the day that such a potion would exist. Alas, there were some limitations on what magic could cure. ”If you have additional questions or would like to further discuss this, I would be happy to meet with you in your office or with the healer.” That was the sensible thing to say, right?