Thread: Trophy Room
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Kimothy

MO & DMLE
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Astrid Grimaldi
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sailor Zhang
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skeet Octavian Sayse
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Ariadne Lysandra Ackerly
Law Enforcement
x12
Kimothée Chalamet • The UWU Agenda • Once Baby, Now Trouble • All Growed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
The moment it had left her mouth she knew he'd notice. He was quite perceptive, perhaps a quality that she shared with many of his Housemates. Something that was unique to him, however, was that he never pushed. Despite how curious he may have been. Drewett was a good friend for that reason, among many others. She was quite thankful that he didn't question her and for the fact that he decided to stand. As it was kind of weird talking to him while he was sat on the floor. Not that she minded very much, but still.

"Which ones?" she asked, tilting her head. She still hadn't been at the school for very long, so personally names didn't mean too much to her yet. The names of those she did recognize probably wouldn't have a place on the plaques yet. She absently played with a lock of hair, feeling much less uncomfortable than she did when she had first walked into the room. There were still many worries lingering in her mind, but she felt safe with Drewett.

Oh.

His question had surprised her. "I did," she nodded honestly. "But I like your company and I wouldn't want to kick you out." She did want to be alone, but that didn't mean that she still wanted to be alone. "... Did you?"
Drewett had spent a lot of time with Nina. By now, he could sense a change in her mood and even pick up a difference in her tone and words. But, as she guessed right, he wouldn't push. If she wanted to tell and share, she could very much do just that. He would be all ears for it. He was curious though, yes, but he wouldn't pry into things that would make her or anyone uncomfortable.

He'd also grown two inches over the past year so it was kind of weird looking down at Nina. Growing pains were still the worst, but he could tolerate them now better than he used to.

Oh. "Well...uhm...." Drewett started, but he'd gesture first for her to come closer so he could point at the different nameplates. "That one's West Odessa's. Y'know, from th-the Dead Kneazles. You listen to them, yeah?" They were a cool band. His green eyes passed by the nameplates of Oliver Borzekowski-Thomas and Flynn Kowalski. Both of them have volunteered in the Stemp House before, from what Drewett could remember. "And...that's Brian Woods. He's Brian Archer now. My former t-tutor at the Stemp House." He wondered if Brian was doing okay. The Ravenclaw hadn't written to him since the mist blocked all means of communication with the outside world excluding two-way mirrors. His pointed finger passed by two Fairfield nameplates, but he wasn't going to point that out to Nina. He knew she had a dislike for Fairfields. Red-headed Slytherin ones, if one were to be precise.

"And that one..." Drewett paused at a rather old but polished one. "My dad." Hufflepuff head boy Oakey Gunter. Class of 2081. "My adoptive dad...but...still my dad regardless." His biological dad had been a Hufflepuff too, but Andrew Slinkhard was no head boy nor prefect. His memory, the fifth year realized, would live for as long as Drewett remembered him. For as long as his only son lived. Maybe if there were surviving photos of old Hogwarts organizations, then perhaps there would still be a memory of the Slinkhard patriarch. Unfortunately, even for Drewett, he couldn't remember much of his biological father's physical features aside from what an old photograph he still kept could offer. Same with his biological mother, Catherine. Nobody had long-lasting memory at age six, not when life was anything but nice to a young innocent boy.

He turned back to Nina with a little smile. "I did too." All honesty. It was why he had been here in the first place, to remove himself from the overwhelming crowd density outside. "But I don't mind anymore. I-I like your company too," Drewett said. She could stay for as long as she wanted.

___________________________________And the whole wide world is whistling...