Thread: Accidents & Catastrophes: Training and Trial Room
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 04:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Daemon

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2
PHILOMATH ❅ not one atom, but two ♪ ♪ made of starstuff ❅ def main():

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh its Erik ok View Post
While it was nice meeting Bambi for like the ten seconds Angelica was in the room the mood completely changed when um...Again...no it was Agan...one of those two entered the room. Did she just.....

*0___0*

She just insulted both of them in a matter of seconds. It basically looked like she was being condescending to Bambi and then using the nickname she doesn't like.

Woooooow

And it was Agan...good to know. Ah she was a memory restorator. Um maybe she should just leave because she could feel the tension in the air...hopefully it dies down but right now well...

"Angelica, oh right i forgot the world cup was here. Did both of you go?"

She was not much of a quidditch fan and really in Saint Petersburg it was easy to forget about the game. Bambi obviously just said so, but Angelica wanted to change the subject quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Ursula looked at both of them very sheepishly. "I am genuinely sorry for offending both of you. Bambi, I know you did remarkable work at the World Cup and I didn't mean to in any way put down your efforts." She then turned to Angelica. "I am hopeless with names at times so I am sorry, Angelica."

Ursula headed for where the crash mats were and lowered herself down on one as her eyes began welling up with tears. She was dealing (rather badly) with some personal issues hence the way she was acting. It was her coping mechanism but it would always have a negative effect. She tucked her wand in her coat pocket and buried her head in her hands, wishing she could rewind time or something.
Back in her previous line of work, these types of comments were frequent, and she'd learned how to deal with them well. "Your hair finally matches your look, what lovely shade!" was always a nice one. "Oh darling, those heels make your ankles seem so much thinner than they are!" had been her favourite. And of course, can't do without the timeless classic "You look so much healthier without those extra pounds you gained last week, well done!" Supermodels were a catty lot, and she had been equally as backhanded; to survive in that world you must become one with the skinny banshees. She'd become terribly good at it, all through her twenties.

But in the ministry? With her intellect and spellcasting were questioned? Oh, heck no. The apology went in one ear, and out the next, because it sounded just as insincere as the condescending insult had so easily slipped out. "Hmm," was all Bambi could offer the woman, before turning back to Angelica and a minute roll of her eyes.

"Yes, I went. My wife works in Games and Sports, it was a family effort, we weren't going to just sit at home without enjoying the fruits of our labour," Bambi grinned, spinning her wand in her hand. Or at least, that had been Bambi's reason for going. She was pretty sure Layla had to be there for work reasons, and in any case it was an experience for little Ariadne.

"Not a big fan of Quidditch?"

_____________I could still change the end