Thread: Trophy Room
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 09:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
.....Uh.

Did she just...use the word totally?

No, nothing was wrong with the word itself per se. It was a truly acceptable word in the English language, with its entirely and completely as its synonyms, but it never struck Drewett as a word he would ever hear from Nina Castillo of all people. His jaw dropped a little, gaping at her at the unusual use of word, but the Ravenclaw brushed it off by offering small smile. "Totally." Just because. He also wasn't about to bother her to tell him about things if she didn't want to.

"I...uh...yeah, I was," the Ravenclaw replied, nodding and ruffling his hair. That was when Drewett finally pushed himself off the floor and stood up, dusting off whatever dirt there was on his backside as he did. He felt too awkward just sitting there. "I-I recognized some names so...." That was it. He didn't think telling Nina about how overwhelming it was out there, but he figured she already knew him well enough to deduce that. Drewett Gunter was not, and probably never will be, a fan of crowds.

He then looked back at her. "Did you want t-to be alone?" Drewett asked politely and nodded his head towards the doorknob that she had just successfully locked. It was strange, how the tables have turned. Nina was usually the one who caught Drewett in deer-in-the-headlights moments. Right now, it was the other way around.
The moment it had left her mouth she knew he'd notice. He was quite perceptive, perhaps a quality that she shared with many of his Housemates. Something that was unique to him, however, was that he never pushed. Despite how curious he may have been. Drewett was a good friend for that reason, among many others. She was quite thankful that he didn't question her and for the fact that he decided to stand. As it was kind of weird talking to him while he was sat on the floor. Not that she minded very much, but still.

"Which ones?" she asked, tilting her head. She still hadn't been at the school for very long, so personally names didn't mean too much to her yet. The names of those she did recognize probably wouldn't have a place on the plaques yet. She absently played with a lock of hair, feeling much less uncomfortable than she did when she had first walked into the room. There were still many worries lingering in her mind, but she felt safe with Drewett.

Oh.

His question had surprised her. "I did," she nodded honestly. "But I like your company and I wouldn't want to kick you out." She did want to be alone, but that didn't mean that she still wanted to be alone. "... Did you?"

You are Lemon!