View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 11:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

This time Malachi reached a hand up to rub at his face. Once again, the man found himself uncertain of where to really begin. Just when it seemed the conversation was going in a logical direction....O'Hara had veered off again and left him wondering how they got there.

He needed tea--or another of Beryl's draughts.

The Headmaster took a breath then raised his hands indicating he was about to speak and didn't want to be interrupted until he was done. No more rants. Just listening. "I didn't say Algamus told me anything." There were quite a few elves in the castle and she'd already jumped on the defensive. It was telling. "If you didn't like my choice of words, you needed only tell me as much and explain your situation calmly. There was no need for all....that." That earful on what was fair and weaknesses and colleagues not being friendly.

"In future, I'd like you to consider the way you react. It isn't enough to go off then recant after with a "meaning no respect". By then the damage is already done. Consider your words and your reactions before they come out. That....all that....there was no need for that. Last term when you went off threatening to kill the creatures, there was no need for such a reaction then either. Professionalism, that's another thing I'd like you to work on." This could have been a civilized conversation. There was no need for a tangent. "Now then, I understand you think you need to instruct the elves to be on the look out but what makes you so sure they aren't already? Why wasn't any of this run by me? I could have told you none of it was necessary. It could have saved you several arguments. Talking to me could spare you several of the hang ups that now exist."

His hand remained up, but he was winding down. "I haven't insulted you and I don't think that without having a conversation with your colleagues you can say that the things you've listed are the reason they don't talk to you. Seems to me a few conversations could go a long way here."

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.