Thread: Duelling Arena
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 02:20 AM   #63 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Right. The Headmaster expected there to be questions. At a time like this, it was only natural and why he opened the floor to questions. The first didn't come as a surprise at all, if he was being honest. He'd thought not mentioning specifics might have been easier on the students, those that didn't know at least. Those who'd been friends with the students would have obviously already known who by this point. Nevertheless, he had permitted questions. "Third Year Ravenclaw, Thadius Potter and Sixth Year Hufflepuff Kamryn Keighley. Anyone with further information is being asked to come forward. My office is always open." He answered as calmly and as simply as he could manage, not wanting to incite further panic.

Malachi's brows rose just slightly at the younger Gryffindor's question. Making doors invisible? Well it made sense as a question to a degree.....he supposed. "The spell you may be looking for is the disillusionment charm." Close to invisible. "But I wouldn't recommend leaving the doors in that state, lest someone else be running and end up face first in one of them. Besides, Professor Cornish has the right of it. The mist isn't some fast moving, unavoidable entity. If you see it, go the other way. Move with some haste and you should be fine. Like I said, try to find someone."

As to what they were doing about the missing people, the students who were warned to avoid the mist but decided it best to go outside regardless, the man had many thoughts about them. Before responding, Malachi took a subtle but calming breath. "The ministry will be taking on the search for the missing students. As it stands, we cannot afford to send anyone out after them. We don't know what's out there, we don't know what it's capable of and we don't know where on the vast grounds they are. It would be reckless and negligent to have any more venture out into the mist. Better to leave it to those properly equipped to handle the situation than risk losing more." The logical conclusion.

The scowl he'd worn earlier reappeared as Professor O'Hara spoke, in fact interrupting him while he was trying to explain. It was not a good look, not at all. The words she spoke were no better. For the second time this meeting, the man was pleased to have Cornish step in. She was striking further fear into the students. She was building panic where he'd sought to temper it. There was a time and a place for everything. He was always willing to hear out his employees but not when they chose to be blatantly antagonistic and insubordinate to the point it could not be overlooked. She'd told him she wanted to impress him. Was this how she hoped to go about that?

"That's enough of that." Once again, she'd proven in the face of disaster she was like to go off nonsensically to the detriment of the students' peace of mind. The fact she chose to interrupt him to do it just made it all the worse, but the man remained calm. There were words he wanted to have with her, but he understood the concept of time, place and appropriateness. Here, before all the students, this was not the place to stir dissension. "I'm currently in talks with the Minister. We're working out a solution. There are hundreds of students within the castle, any evacuation plan will need to be well thought out and not thrown together." He didn't have nearly enough floo powder to transport them all, something he wished she'd have thought of before she spoke. No doubt some students would now have the incorrect assumption that there was a way out that was being ignored. Not the right time or place at all.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.