View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 03:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Goblinfrog

DIMC & MO
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lola A.
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Mischievous Niffler

"I see now I have made a terrible mistake," she said when he had finished berating her. Her choice of words here had to be extremely thought out. Fixing her gaze directly into his (it would have been pathetic to avoid eye contact), she continued, choosing each word carefully. While she spoke, the fingertips on her left hand tapped silently against the desk. It was not so much a nervous reaction (the tapping was too slow and methodic for that) as it was merely giving them something to do. "To be frank, I did not truly anticipate there would be trouble on the grounds. I am physically capable of defending the students from vermin and other physical threats...as you know from our dreadful encounter with those rats last year. I would have killed them all if you had let me. But I was completely incapable to defend them against what happened at the dock...and I am to blame for that. It was my mistake to not have my wand with me...but apologizing doesn't fix the problem. I would not blame you if you asked for my resignation...but I am willing to do anything you ask if it will save my job. I will do almost anything. You know from reading my file how excellent I am at following orders. Tell me what I need to do to assure you that I am worthy of being on your staff." The somberness in her gaze (which never once looked away from Malachi's eyes) was replaced with a steely determination. She leaned forward slightly in her chair and her voice developed an edge. In the past she had been willing to be Julian's loyal minion to preserve her job, and now she was willing to do whatever Malachi requested.

Deciding that continued honesty was best, she shook her head when asked if she could perform magic at a standard level. She lifted up her wand and muttered, "Lumos." The wand lit up...but it was dim. "I perform...but not as well as I should. I will abandon parts of my exercise routine to focus on improving my magic. I have never been able to improve, but perhaps my determination will change that. If this is what you expect of me, then I promise I will devote myself to it. If you have a different plan, I will do that instead. So tell me, how may I impress you?"

Last edited by Goblinfrog; 07-03-2019 at 12:49 PM.