View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 03:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

”What?”

No, seriously, what? Malachi blinked at the woman for several silent moments, his mouth agape and his brain cells firing off in several directions at once. The rest of her words would need to hang on an extra few seconds to be registered because he was absolutely floored and it showed.

Eventually, when the man regained his composure, he shook his head. The gesture was both a reply to all she’d said and an extra measure to clear his head. “That’s....no. Just....no. That’s not acceptable.” The man may have asked her if she’d entirely lost her mind but would not let the sudden stress draw him from the professionalism he’d visited with. No. “In a school as unpredictable as this one, how could you think to leave your wand in your drawer? How do you propose to protect the students? Yourself? You’re job isn’t only to teach history of magic and it has nothing to do with the expectations set outside your classroom. There is actual danger. The kind that could get someone killed.” Quite frankly, the man was mindblown. He liked it better when he thought she did have her wand but had simply frozen.

“Everything you’ve mentioned about your reason for not being helpful on the dock, all that...that’s inconsequential if what you’re saying is true. Even in your right mind, how were you planning to protect the students without a wand? Would you physically lift them all? Somehow make your way through the thick fog and save them? What would have been your plan?” It was a serious question as the man was now far more concerned than he ever thought he could’ve been.

“I’m somewhat aware of your magical situation.” Only somewhat. He did not know the full extent but he was starting to get the full picture and given what he’d seen out on the grounds, it was terrifying. “When I kept you on as staff, I didn’t expect you would use that as an excuse or crutch when it comes to being prepared and keeping the students safe. If I recall, during the last term’s infestation you had also mentioned not being able to fully offer defense against the creatures.” Which admittedly should have been his first warning to dig deeper into things. This was a closer call.

“I can’t have it. I can’t knowingly have someone who isn’t properly equipped and competent at keeping the students safe still employed in a position to do so.” The board of governors and parents alike would no doubt have his head. It unsettled even him, too. “Rather than dwell on the past, I’d like to know what you plan to do about this. There should never be another time when you don’t have your wand.” It wasn’t a request. That’s reckless and negligent for someone in your position. Of course if you can’t use it, that makes little difference. Tell me, are you genuinely incapable of performing magic at a standard level? Is this something that can be addressed?” Malachi was more inclined to believe the former as by this age and stage in her life, surely the woman would have fixed the problem if she could. But he would ask all the same. Benefit of the doubt. The Headmaster could only imagine what the Minister would say if he knew. No mote howlers, thanks.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.