View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
RandomRaven
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & MO
Pixie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mikey Goh
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Burton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
He Shang-Wu
Minister's Office
x7
BOOMBAYAH! | #PuedoPorquePiensoQuePuedo | Certified Blank and Random Person | Raventastic

I think I recommended this book very often on Twitter

Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan (Sa 16+) | Genre: Contemporary

CW: none

This recommendation might sound a little bit biased because I'm an Asian recommended this book from Asian writer about Asian life but if you need a light, no-brainer, fun reading, this is the book. Is the book better than the movie? Oh, yes. I mean they did change some scenes at the movies and the book is pretty much funnier (plus you can study how complicated the old money family in Asia works)

A little blurb from Goodreads:

SPOILER!!:
When Rachel Chu (American-born Chinese Economic Professor) agrees to spend the summer in Singapore with her boyfriend, Nicholas Young (this old-money Singaporean-Chinese History Professor), she envisions a humble family home, long drives to explore the island, and quality time with the man she might one day marry. What she doesn't know is that Nick's family home happens to look like a palace, that she'll ride in more private planes than cars, and that with one of Asia's most eligible bachelors on her arm, Rachel might as well have a target on her back.

and this is just the beginning of the trilogy.

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.
RandomRaven is offline   Reply With Quote