View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 02:15 AM   #28 (permalink)
Holmesian Feline

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Adam’s head swiveled towards the sound of the returned ‘hello,’ but even with the sunglasses on, one could tell that his eyes did not focus onto the man. Adam put his friendliest smile on. He hated asking for help, but had become accustomed to it in the last few years. ”Hallo,” he repeated this time in a more friendly manner. ”I I need to reblenisch mein sdocks.” He held out the crumbled piece of paper in his right hand. ”I vrote vat I neeted dovn. Zought it might help. Somedimes beople can't hunderstand me.” He shrugged. Even after working in London for four years, his accent was still pretty strong and his command of English was still as bad as the day he met his friend Jory and thought Hufflepuff was a adverb for a nice person.

He held out his list, hoping the shopkeep could help him.
Text Cut: Shopping list
  • Aconite Fluid
  • Gurdyroot
  • Belladonna
  • Lavendel
  • Dittany
  • Octopus Powder & Ink
  • grüne Minze
  • Lionfish Spines
  • Silverinkpot.

Gideon paid careful attention to the man’s tone as well as his words to make sure he caught the gist even through the thick German accent he had. It reminded his of his grandfather who even after years abroad in Portugal, still retained the strong tongue of his Scottish ancestors. “Aye, that I certainly assist you with,” the potioner assured him, accepting the offered list with an approving nod. Made just a little less work for him in deciphering what to gather. His eyes gracing the parchment page as he wordlessly summoned a basket to make the gathering easier.

Quote:
• Aconite Fluid
• Gurdyroot
• Belladonna
• Lavendel
• Dittany
• Octopus Powder & Ink
• grüne Minze
• Lionfish Spines
• Silverinkpot.
“The aconite, belladonna, dittany and lionfish spines are easy enough,” he replied, moving into the shelves to gather said items from stock and adding them to the basket along the way. The dittany being something he had so recently prepared. “I suppose the lavendel is meant to be lavender?” Gideon asked, turning to show the purple blooms in question to his customer before catching himself. Oh well. “Unfortunately, I do not stock any octopus powder or ink…and must admit I am unaware as to what grune minze is.” It didn’t readily look even as if it was something he was familiar with just spelled wrong.