View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 04:36 AM   #40 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

The smell of freshly turned earth was thick in the air as her hard-working student toiled away at digging their holes. Rylee and Stella were working well together and their seemingly cheery chatter made her smile. Kassie noticed that far more students had chosen to use the shovels over a spell to dig their holes, the method she would have chosen as well. There was something about digging by hand that made her feel more at one with the plants. She had no objections to those that chose magic and knew very well that the tree they would be planting wouldn’t care one bit.

She glanced across the field and it appeared that everyone was wrapping up their work on the holes. “Class! May I have your attention, please?” Her small frame was in no way indicative of her booming voice, which she only used in full force if necessary. The field was large enough to warrant the volume. Once she felt they all were listening, she continued in a far lower volume, but still loud enough that the farthest students would be able to hear.

“It’s time to continue with the lesson. I bet you are all curious about what we will be planting today. The Rapid Growth Blue Spruce is a very special tree. Created specifically for the purpose of Christmas trees and decoration. The tree itself is not magical in any way. No, it is simply a charm that has been placed on the seed to speed up the growth.” She took a few steps to her left and picked up one of the seeds. “Now, I must make it clear that once this charm has been placed on the blue spruce seed, it can no longer be used for magical purposes. This is especially important to note since the spruce is a known wand wood.” Kassie placed the seed back on the pile.

“Before we start planting our seeds, I do have a few more questions for you. What are some advantages of a rapid growth tree? What are some possible problems that could arise with growing rapid growth trees?”

OOC: Time for question 2! Name a possible advantage, problem, or both with growing a rapid growth tree. If you are just joining us, please feel free to jump in and catch up. The lesson will continue in about 24 hours.