View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 01:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davvy_Wavvy View Post
Belle was completely preoccupied with the cute dog. She really did seem to like being scratched and rubbed which thrilled the eleven year old even more. She was making the dog happy. What more could you want to do with your life really?

She looked up suddenly when a voice caught her attention.

His voice was as melodious and soothing as waves crashing against the shore and even more dreamy when it wasn't floating across the Great Hall and tainted by the other voices of her peers.

She stood up quickly and straightened her clothes.

"Professor!"

Belle looked back at the dog and tilted her head a little. The shaggy pooch didn't much look like a Brenda. " I've never met a dog with that name..."

Actually, the first year did not come by to go to the lake but Kayaking didn't sound a bad idea.

"Will you come with me?" she looked at him with big brown hopeful eyes.." And can Brenda come?" Hopefully the squid wouldn't think she was snack.
"Brenda is the only one of her kind. You've never met a Brenda before." He stepped over to give the dog a rough scrub behind the ears before heading back to pull laundry off the line. When it got colder, he'd have to actually wash and dry his clothes in the castle, take meals there too, but for now, he could enjoy as little time indoors as possible.

"Brenda doesn't swim. She can do it, but she prefers to bark at the water from the shore. She's better in a canoe. But why don't we drag some kayaks over to the lake shore and see if anyone else wants to join us?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Chloe couldn't help but laugh when the professor spoke to his dog. "Oh she is just being a cutie there is nothing wrong with her wanting belly rubs, is there Brenda." Chloe was already in love with the dog and she could sit and pat her forever if she wanted.

Her attention was to the water though and her thoughts to what the professor had said, "I think some humans want to live in harmony, but it's hard for the ones that do try to convince the others that feel it is their birthright to do what they want because they are humans that is the hard part. I feel that we should want to live in harmony with all creatures, but I know that is difficult."

Moving closer to the water she looked in.
"It is difficult, but it shouldn't be. If everyone took responsibility for themselves, it would be perfectly easy," Cornish stirred up the water with a stick he'd plucked off the shore, creating a muddy haze that hid all the interesting life from their eyes. The bugs and plants and fish and crabs and everything, gone in a blink. Chucking the stick aside, Cornish watched the water closely as the dirt started to settle again.

It went from muddy and nearly opaque to clear again pretty quickly, the mud settling back to the lake floor and allowing the sun to dapple through the trees above and leave interesting patterns on the muddy bottoms. "Ah, there we are," Cornish reached into the settling muck and plucked out a plimpy who was only willing to enter the shallow water because it was stirred up. "They're shy," he added as an aside, turning the creature over in his hands, long legs flopping everywhere as it struggled to escape.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest