View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 10:27 PM   #71 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina listened attentively as the Professor Sissay began speaking, her quill in hand and notebook open, poised to take notes. She carefully considered the first question for several moments - she wasn't one to just blurt out the first thing that came ro mind. She needed to come up with just the right answer, not too obvious but not too out there either! Unfortunately, in the time she spent overthinking it, all the uses she could think of for arithmancy… predicting future trends, discerning personality characteristics, curse-breaking… had already been said (some more than once). Tina didn't like repeating or piggybacking off of other people's answers. There was only so many ways you could reword the same thing without sounding unoriginal, so for now she kept quiet, diligently writing down the answers her classmates gave.

For the other question, the part about calculations, she had some ideas. Hmm… it seemed like the parameters would vary widely, depending on the type of calculation one was doing. She knew that for some types of calculations, like a birth or name number, you needed a final number result from 1-9 (or 1-8 if going by the chaldean number chart), and that meant you'd need to know how to reduce a bigger number. Say if the numbers in someone's birth date added up to 25, for example, you could reduce that to 2 + 5 = 7.

Was that the type of answer the professor was looking for when she asked for parameters? Tina wasn't sure if her thoughts were on the right track or how others might react to them if they weren't, and she wasn't about to find out. Speaking up was too risky! Better to say nothing than say the wrong thing and look stupid in front of everyone.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...