View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 03:54 PM   #68 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Numerological properties of the world around us. And for what use??? What purpose did that serve? Maeve was listening quietly, trying desperately to pay attention ... when she heard Aaron mention cursebreaking. Wait, cursebreaking dealt with Arithmancy too?? Her aunt never talked about the numbers aspect of it? Did that mean that her aunt was knowledgeable in THIS subject as well? Yet it was her mama who was the Ravenclaw; weren't Ancient Runes and Arithmancy like Ravenclaw based subjects with all the abstract thinking they seemed to involve?

"Maeve Walsh." She stated, because while Maeve was her middle name it was the name she went by and no sense in stating her first name. The professor could look it up on her records if needed. "Doesn't it come from the Greek words Arithmos and Manteia, which mean Divination by Numbers? So by definition, Arithmancy is a method of predicting the future." Apparently taking Latin as an extracurricular paid off. Except had Maeve been listening more closely, she'd have heard that's practically was what her peers had stated, minus mentioning of the Greek words.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.