View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #43 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

SPOILER!!: Eji
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Which happened to be beside a Gryffindor girl who was asking questions that, obviously, the woman was not going to answer. At least not yet.

"I'm hoping for a bit of cursebreaking," he offered the Gryffindor as he set his dragon hide messenger bag on the ground and proceeded to pull his textbook and other necessities for class from it.

One minute Ellie was sitting alone and the next an older boy in slytherin robes had chosen to sit down in the bench next to hers. At this school student’s weren’t shy or at least not this boy. Glancing sideways at him she replied quietly. "Cursebreaking would be so cool to practice, but i doubt that is what Professor Sissay has in mind with those objects on her desk." Because they obviously had a part in todays lesson. "I’m Eleanor or Ellie for short, by the way." She introduced herself since class hadn’t started and this boy was going to sit next to her for the next hours.

SPOILER!!: Professor Sissay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

Light golden robes shimmering as she crossed a sunbeam streaming through the window, Ayana addressed the class at large. "What are some uses of Arithmancy that you have heard of? Most of you must know that it is a calculations based field. On what parameters do these calculations depend? Also, please tell me your name before you answer, so that I might start learning who each of you are." She was quite talented with names, if she did say so herself. The talent, she suspected, went hand in hand with her knack for number manipulation and memorisation, and had proved to be extremely useful ever since she'd become a teacher.

Ellie swallowed up what she was going to say her desk mate and stayed quiet as Professor Sissay got the lesson started introducing herself and the subject. Those golden robes we’re pretty. She got more alert and listened closely as Professor Sissay didn’t waste a lot of time before she tossed out some questions for them to answer. Ellie considered what she knew about Arithmancy for a moment and then deciding on an answer she raised her hand in the air to answer in a clear voice when it was her turn. "I’m Eleanor Smethwyck of Gryffindor house. One use of Arithmancy that i’ve heard of from my grandmother is that you can by studying the magical properties of numbers and numerology predict the future like a sort of divination by numbers. An example of that is that you with the help of the arithmancy’s numbers system where letters are assigned numbers created very long by the ancient greeks and later chaldeans get an estimate of which day for example a friend would be in a more receptive mood for say going on an exploration of the maize maze on the grounds." Taking down her hand and leaning back against her chair she hoped her answer was okay.