Thread: Park Bench
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 06:28 PM   #62 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
That was the most he could offer, really. His efforts. And Drewett could only hope that, despite his terrible skills at comforting people, his presence would be enough even if he knew that it wasn't. So the concept of her seeking him out whenever her dorm mates were being mean wouldn't come unsurprised. He'd tried telling Eloise to chill but honestly, not even a professor could stop that redhead. Drewett has had his fair share of Eloise shenanigans in the previous term so he understood. It was perfectly fine to not have it together.

And, for the record, Drewett quite found his messiness as inconvenient. Like now, for instance. He knew he unconsciously brought this upon himself, and he was already mildly twitching. Being oblivious wasn't something worth applauding for, Nina Castillo.

"I-I know, but I d-don't." To be clear. He'd heard stuff about him and Hudson. It was just... no. Really. Two boys can be good friends only, alright? "I'm aware... I'm sorry th-that I assumed. You still weren't b-being specific, though... so will you be specific?" He half smiled. So there was that, but he hoped she wouldn't push more on this subject because he hated digging deeper into holes.

......No? Drewett blinked. He could tell she was joking but he was also very good at acting clueless. It was only fun when he wanted to be clueless..

His presence was enough, honestly. And even if he didn't know the right words to say, the words he did say were enough to make her laugh. That itself did wonders. So maybe not being good at comforting people was actually a good way of comforting people? None of these thoughts were anything Nina would attempt at verbalizing because it all sounded silly, even in her head, but hopefully he knew that he appreciated his presence that day. And that she'd continue to appreciate it when she did seek him out as a crying Nina.

She liked his twitching. It was his brand.

"Okay," she nodded, SECRETLY so relieved. There still wouldn't be anything wrong if he was. She would just feel incredibly embarrassed and completely blindsided. So yes, Nina was relieved and she believed him. There'd be no further pushing of this subject, thank you. But again, she found herself pausing. Be more specific? ..... "Well, I like looking at the new trends in fashion, see?" she diligently flipped through a few pages to show him her favorite spread. "Colors are making a comeback, as are overalls and tasseled earrings." She pointed.

"But the articles are written in poor taste," she flipped through to another page. Celebrity gossip. "They are all written with strange syntax, a minimalist vocabulary, and brute grammar. The topics stay the same just about every issue and there's hardly anything worthwhile in them anyway." And honestly? "It's insulting." She had been stewing on all of this for quite a while.

... Um. Was that specific enough? She was decidedly avoiding eye contact.

"I'm kiiiiiiiidding," she gave him a LIGHT, playful shove. "You are very tall and handsome, Drewett Slinkhard." She topped it off with a classic, innocent Castillo grin.

You are Lemon!