Thread: Quidditch World Cup: Meet & Greet Tent
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 10:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Pete Snow
England National Team Player
Dugbog

SPOILER!!: Leon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontius McKay View Post
Although he rolled his eyes at Pete's question, Leontius was still grinning wide. "Shall I make it out to my biggest fan?" he teased back, raising his pen. "Or will a simple, 'love, McKay' do?"

Though he doubted it would be Pete Snow, Leontius did wonder if he would meet someone claiming to be his biggest fan today. Maybe a young child would want to be just like him, when they grew up. Excited tingles danced along his spine. Although he still felt a rookie, it was nice to realise he no longer felt an imposter.

Leon turned his easy smile to Renee as she joined them. "This is what it's all about," he said in response to her question. A small gesture towards the queue. After all, it was the fans he wanted to win for, as much as himself.

Bright blue eyes scanned the rest of the tent, watching the easy interactions of the other players, their coach and the fans. He noticed that most players seemed to have more photographs than he did, and could only hope he didn't run out. As Shacklebolt approached and struck up a conversation with Snow, he offered her a smile. Leon admired her play, and thought her team a very worthy bronze.

As for the extremely impatient and hyper teenage boy [Beau], the chaser waved at him. Because on the inside, the hyper and impatience were equal. If not exceeding the boys. But soon his attention was captured by a woman [Galilea]. Her awe for his fellow players. He could relate, because that was how he felt upon meeting them for the first time, too. The fact that this same awe extended to him? That was different. His grin remained wide as he took the book from her. "You're very kind to say so. Hopefully we can remain fantastic," he said, picking up his pen and scrawled his sign across the page.

"Hello Renee," Pete greeted as another member of their team joined them. Man, he sure was going to miss playing with them when the world cup was over. Though it might make playing against them more interesting now that they had played together.

His attention was still mostly on Leontius for the moment, as the fans were just starting to trickle in. "Love? Careful, I might swoon." He was teasing, of course. At least mostly. Though he was sure his teammate would be perfectly capable of making his fans swoon over him. "Oh, but I didn't bring any paper. You'll have to sign something else." His bicep? His chest? He wouldn't be picky. Yes he was still mostly just teasing, but at this point he was committed to the bit.

SPOILER!!: Zinnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Zinnia managed to return the woman's smile with a pleasant one of her own. Chaudhary had this pleasant aura about her that she wished she had in her own grandmother, but alas. Though she did move aside a bit for the one little girl to get closer to the coach, her warm gaze still resting on their captain for the time being.

Ms. Shacklebolt though. Bloody hell no thank you.

"Just Shacklebolt," she insisted. "Or Zinnia if you prefer." Just drop the Ms., if you will. Of course, she would accept the praise for her play on the pitch. This was the World Cup and there was no need for players to be humble around one another. They all knew they were good or else they would not be here in the first place. "Likewise," she said with an easy smirk, gripping his hand a bit more firmly for a moment in admiration before letting go...and noticing that stack of photographs Nagarkar had with him...and stared at him for a bit.

........bloody hell. He had one of those insufferably dashing smiles though, she would give him that. She mostly offered him an aloof look before bowing her head in respect to Singh, who had just entered the tent as well.

Though her attention soon drifted to the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes shopkeeper, who Zinnia could vaguely recall from her Hogwarts days when she would haphazardly step inside the establishment purely out of curiosity, unabashedly staring at her from across the way.

..........right.

Offering a small wave to the woman, the chaser looked to the entrance of the tent as Urupi, McKay, and then Snow entered. Well now, she simply couldn't help herself to a bit of pre-game banter between one in particular. "If you will excuse me," she said, excusing herself with a bowed head to the captain as she glided across the tent and over towards the English team members. "Snow," she greeted flatly but with a cocked brow in devilish amusement. "Been laying off the butterbeers I hope." Her eyes drifted to Golzio, another fellow chaser that she admired.

Pete was wondering which of the fans would approach them first. He had to admit he was a little surprised to see who turned up next. Pleasantly surprised, of course. "Have you come to get my autograph, Shacklebolt?" He asked with a smile. "For now. They'll be for later. After we win." Because he was certainly planning on winning.

SPOILER!!: Galilea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanners View Post
Galilea stuck with the English team to begin with, as they were her team and she had followed them since they had been formed. She knew the stats from each game off the top of her head. She had programmes from each match they had played. And she had cried tears of joy when they advanced through each round. Now, she was on her best behaviour today and was not able to cry in front of these people. But, by golly, would she sob when they won. Yes, when. Not if. Because she was sure of this team. She felt it in her gut that they were going to win.

Her heart of hearts told her. Her gut of guts told her. And her tears were more than ready. If someone checked her bag, they would see five handkerchiefs and seven packs of disposable tissues. Galilea Grimaldi was that fan.

"McKay! Snow!" Breathe, Grimaldi. "I.. I.. wow. Hi! Congratulations! Hello! I-- oh wow, I feel like I might just... I'm so flustered. You're fantastic! Both fantastic!" And she was a fool, but she didn't care. If the teenagers were able to yell (yes, she saw that long haired little squealer over there) and get time with players then she could fumble her way through a conversation with them. Offering her autograph book, she smiled softly. "I've been to all of your matches this competition. All of them. Look, look! Here are all of my tickets!" And there they were in pockets at the back of her book.

Sparing a look to the woman with them, Galilea smiled. "And congratulations to you and your team, also, Shacklebolt. Fantastic games. A well deserved position overall." She paused, considering whether her request was appropriate. It wasn't. But that mattered not. "Could you also sign it? It would mean the world."

Pete could hear the very excitable kid in the queue, but before looking around for the source he was distracted by somebody else heading their way. A flustered looking fan. He smiled at her. "All of them? We appreciate the dedication." Well, he did, but he was pretty sure it was safe to speak for all of them on that matter. "I hope we won't let you down in the final." He waited until Leon had signed a page of her autograph book, and then took his pen and signed his own name for her too.