Thread: Quidditch World Cup: Meet & Greet Tent
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 04:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Shanners

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
Default i'm not sorry
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

After ditching every member of his large extended family, Beau had made a break for the meet and greet tent. He wanted to know everything. He wanted to shake hands with the great players of their country. He wanted to get words of wisdom from great keepers, from great chasers.. Beau needed to know what he needed to do to go pro. To play in the next world cup. To be HERE one day soon. As one of them.

But he was an excitable teenager and he announced his presence by JUMPING up and down in the queue. "ME NEXT ME NEXT ME NEXXXXXXXXXT. C'MOnNNnnnn. HURRY UP. I gotta MEET 'EM. IT'S MY TURRRRRRRRRRRRN." Why couldn't Mum have married one of these guys? MATE. His Stepdad coulda been a famous player.

MATE. Mum missed a trick.

- - -

SPOILER!!: Lamberto Urupi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamberto Urupi View Post
Meet and greet!

This was overwhelmingly thrilling and exciting! Seeing the Quidditch fanatics pour in to stop by and chat was just amazing! He enjoyed these events, it just brought people together from all around the world and just to think Lamberto himself was once a young lad meeting his favorite players back in the day when he was just a kid. Moments like these always stirred up the "dreams do come true" emotions in the young Englishman, who was going to play the best game of his life against his opponents.

"Hello!" Lamberto waved and took out his favorite marker pen to give out autographed memorabilia to those interested along with his bright and cheerful smile that radiated the joy he felt at the moment. Lamberto was down to earth welcoming anyone and everyone into his life whether young or old, everyone would receive the best treatment from this lad!

THE FIRST on her autograph tour. It was silly for a woman of her age to be this nervous and this excited to meet a quidditch player. They were just like everyone else, right? They were just people and her nerves were ridiculous. She bet, that as kids, they had frequented the store that she now owned. She bet they had the same struggles as she had on the daily. What to have for breakfast, when to wash their hair, whether family events were fancy or casual.

Galilea.. she really was overthinking this.

With her autograph book open to the first page, she stepped towards Lamberto and smiled. "For my son, Fitz, please. You're.. his favourite." Let it be known that this was the only autograph she was getting for her son also. She had her own autographs to be getting and Fitz could come here with his Dad anyway.

SPOILER!!: Renee Golzio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Golzio View Post
Now this was going to be fun. Renee breezed over to where her teammates stood, flashing them her trademark smile and flipping her hair. "Hi, boys. Ready to meet some fans?"

Everywhere she went, young witches' and wizards' eyes landed on her, and whispers abounded. It was hard to get used to, that was for sure, but it certainly wasn't unwelcome. It was actually pretty fun to be famous, if she were being honest.

Although being a celebrity came with its share of trials, as well. Typically for Renee, those trials came in the form of people either criticizing her love life or shipping her with just about anybody, including teammates, which could get a little awkward. Mostly, she chose to let it roll off her back. Hey, it wasn't her fault that she was young and beautiful and enjoyed dating men who were the same. What was a girl to do? Die a hermit so that nobody would talk about her? No way. She'd take the whispers over that any day.

All the same, she hoped the questions today would be mostly about Quidditch. Ooh, but maybe someone would ask one of the lovely Indian players about her, and he would say that he thought she was beautiful, and then they would be like the Romeo and Juliet of Quidditch -- rival teams and all! Although, okay, that story hadn't really ended well for either of those characters. Still, it's undeniable that it made for good drama -- and that's sort of what Renee's life was like, too, so perhaps it was fitting anyway.

There she was... Renee Golzio... Galilea didn't want to say she had a favourite player, but she was right here. The woman who had it all. The looks, the talent... Oh, Lea was jealous as much as she was full of admiration. "Miss Golzio!" Oh, she couldn't possibly call her Renee. They weren't acquainted and she was from a different world. A completely different world.

"It's been a pleasure to see you play this competition. You make effortless look....like hard work. No-- wait-- hard work look effortless. I.. Excuse me, I can't quite manage to say what I'm thinking. Could you... please sign my book?" That she would have to take from her clammy hands because they were sweaaaaaty.

Wow.

She was actually standing in front of this woman. Wow.

SPOILER!!: Leontius McKay, Pete Snow and Zinnia Shacklebolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontius McKay View Post
When he was younger, it had been difficult for him to meet his idols. The players that went before him had lived on the pages of books and the posters he hung in his room. In magazines and photographs. Not in the flesh before him. So now? To be on the other side? The pinch marks on his arms might have been visible to those with a keen eye.

His blue eyes were just as excited as the many children he'd seen around, even as he tried to maintain some composure. Not much. He beamed at everyone in the tent. Just refraining from bouncing on his heels. Just. But he had seven pens. Just in case. Seven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Snow View Post
Pete had to be honest, he was looking forward to this part. When he had first started as a professional quidditch player it had taken him a while to wrap his head around the idea that he had fans. He'd always been the fan. Now, he was more used to it. It was all part of the job. And he loved it. The little fans were adorable. And the fans who were older, around his age, he definitely liked meeting them too. Especially the attractive ones. He was looking forward to meeting both types of fans at this meet and greet today.

He entered the tent and first looked around to see which of his teammates had arrived before him. When he spotted Leontius he headed that way. "Could I get an autograph, Chaser McKay?" He asked teasingly, smiling at his teammate as he did so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Zinnia managed to return the woman's smile with a pleasant one of her own. Chaudhary had this pleasant aura about her that she wished she had in her own grandmother, but alas. Though she did move aside a bit for the one little girl to get closer to the coach, her warm gaze still resting on their captain for the time being.

Ms. Shacklebolt though. Bloody hell no thank you.

"Just Shacklebolt," she insisted. "Or Zinnia if you prefer." Just drop the Ms., if you will. Of course, she would accept the praise for her play on the pitch. This was the World Cup and there was no need for players to be humble around one another. They all knew they were good or else they would not be here in the first place. "Likewise," she said with an easy smirk, gripping his hand a bit more firmly for a moment in admiration before letting go...and noticing that stack of photographs Nagarkar had with him...and stared at him for a bit.

........bloody hell. He had one of those insufferably dashing smiles though, she would give him that. She mostly offered him an aloof look before bowing her head in respect to Singh, who had just entered the tent as well.

Though her attention soon drifted to the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes shopkeeper, who Zinnia could vaguely recall from her Hogwarts days when she would haphazardly step inside the establishment purely out of curiosity, unabashedly staring at her from across the way.

..........right.

Offering a small wave to the woman, the chaser looked to the entrance of the tent as Urupi, McKay, and then Snow entered. Well now, she simply couldn't help herself to a bit of pre-game banter between one in particular. "If you will excuse me," she said, excusing herself with a bowed head to the captain as she glided across the tent and over towards the English team members. "Snow," she greeted flatly but with a cocked brow in devilish amusement. "Been laying off the butterbeers I hope." Her eyes drifted to Golzio, another fellow chaser that she admired.

Galilea stuck with the English team to begin with, as they were her team and she had followed them since they had been formed. She knew the stats from each game off the top of her head. She had programmes from each match they had played. And she had cried tears of joy when they advanced through each round. Now, she was on her best behaviour today and was not able to cry in front of these people. But, by golly, would she sob when they won. Yes, when. Not if. Because she was sure of this team. She felt it in her gut that they were going to win.

Her heart of hearts told her. Her gut of guts told her. And her tears were more than ready. If someone checked her bag, they would see five handkerchiefs and seven packs of disposable tissues. Galilea Grimaldi was that fan.

"McKay! Snow!" Breathe, Grimaldi. "I.. I.. wow. Hi! Congratulations! Hello! I-- oh wow, I feel like I might just... I'm so flustered. You're fantastic! Both fantastic!" And she was a fool, but she didn't care. If the teenagers were able to yell (yes, she saw that long haired little squealer over there) and get time with players then she could fumble her way through a conversation with them. Offering her autograph book, she smiled softly. "I've been to all of your matches this competition. All of them. Look, look! Here are all of my tickets!" And there they were in pockets at the back of her book.

Sparing a look to the woman with them, Galilea smiled. "And congratulations to you and your team, also, Shacklebolt. Fantastic games. A well deserved position overall." She paused, considering whether her request was appropriate. It wasn't. But that mattered not. "Could you also sign it? It would mean the world."

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________

Shanners is offline   Reply With Quote