Thread: Butterbeer Cart
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Callie

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
She needed a treat, and since it just so happened that she was wandering by a butterbeer selling cart she decided to stop. She still had several hours before she needed to meet her stepmother at the Leaky Cauldron anyway. With lots of items to still check off her Hogwarts supply list Eleanor Smewthwyck of thirteen years took her place in the cart queue behind two elderly witches that we’re arguing about something she didn’t understand. When she finally reached the old witch, after some waiting she bought herself a pack of butterbeer tasting fudge candy and a mug of newly brewed butterbeer. Eyes looking around for a place to sit, preferably in the shade since it was a hot day her eyes landed on girl about her age or slightly younger with a hard to miss butterbeer mustache, and her nose in a sketch book.

Wandering over to the girl, Ellie questioned as she stopped a feet from the table with a small smile "Hi! Is the butter tasting so good that you wanted to save some for later?" Gesturing to the sketchbook more than the table she added on ”Can i join you? I don’t want to be stuck sitting with some elder women who are gossiping about their neighbors or staring at me funnily."
Aoife glanced up from her, admittedly, mediocre sketch of the craziness that is Diagon Alley in the summer, then glanced over at her half finished Butterbeer. Truthfully, she hadn't been saving it, so much as hadn't finished it yet. Only then did she realize the girl had been looking at her lip, not the mug. Aoife quickly touched her her lip, confirming, that yes, she did indeed have a butterbeer mustache.

Blushing slightly, Aoife reached for a napkin, then paused, thought better of it, and quickly hid her mouth behind a hand so the girl wouldn't actually see her lick her upper lip clean. Because, yes, like the girl said, it was that good tasting. Only then did Aoife use a napkin to dry her lip.

She eyed the girl suspiciously. "Well, now, how do y'know I won' be gossipin' about my own neighbors?" Aoife dropped the charade and broke into a friendly smile, scooting over slightly as an inviting gesture. It's wasn't necessarily as there had been plenty of space.

"I'm Aoife --if you were curious."