Thread: Accidents & Catastrophes: Employee Break Room
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Harron Peasley
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
That tiny smile made Megan did a double take of the man’s handsome features. It was just... Dalton rarely smiled; if you can even call that a smile. But hey, she wasn’t going to complain. “It’s not a problem,’’ she remarked airily and pressing her hands against the cup tightly. The warmth of it felt rather good. But for Merlin’s sake! He didn’t talk much, did he? His responses didn’t give her much to work with, which was disappointing because she’d have liked to offer him some tips and advice if he had disclosed any issues to her.

“Nice. It’s great that you’ve accomplished so much.’’ Megan smiled brilliantly then moved to the cupboards. What was there to eat? She wanted something light to munch on. “I’m being Captain Obvious here but you’re not much of a talker. Sorry if I’m chattering your ears off. Just let me know and I’ll be quiet.’’

Or try to.

Talking was her thing.
[/COLOR]
Dalton was so used to awkward silences that he seldom noticed them. He did notice how much Megan was trying to make this conversation work, though, and he felt a little guilty that he wasn't giving much back. But he just... couldn't. He didn't like to talk about himself, felt uncomfortable doing so and therefore he didn't do it often.

And Megan was complimenting him, which was even more odd. In his opinion, it was much of an empty compliment - he hadn't actually done much, especially not much more than anyone else. "Uh," he cleared his throat awkwardly, nodding and sipping his coffee. "What about you?" As in, what did she do? How long had she been here? Etcetera. If Dalton could force the conversation back to her, it might make things easier. He was excellent at nodding and 'mmhmming' in all the right places.

As for her being such a talker, it wasn't like he could just ask her to be quite. He wasn't purposefully impolite. "It's fine."

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽