Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 05:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Malachi nodded to each new member of staff to arrive at the table. Vaguely, he was aware of the conversations taking place around him and the mild chatter of the students down at the table but the man was deeply preoccupied with his plans of summer and the family he missed.

It was as strange as he thought it'd be, spending most of the year away from them when he was used to it being only a few hours per day. An adjustment for sure and while he did adjust, the man was solidly ready to be home for the summer with his favourite people in the entire world.

Glancing at his watch, the man stood to give his speech. At the same time, the most troublesome elf he'd ever met showed up. Here? Now? Really Toddles? With only the faintest hint of a distracted scowl, Trent looked to the elf. "Gimme a minute." He had intended for the elf to show up AFTER the feast but supposed this was as good a time as any. First, he needed to address the students.

"Attention everyone." Malachi clapped his hands, a sound he'd amplified to be sure to catch everyone's attention. "We've made it to the end of another term here at Hogwarts. For some, this is it, the end of the line. Come September, some of us will not be returning. It'll be off to bigger and brighter futures that I hope this school has at least in some ways prepared you for. Good luck out there. Work hard." That was the intention, afterall. "For others, it'll just be a nice little break to catch up with family and cool off from the academics. Enjoy it. Get it all out of your systems. Use the break wisely." That didn't mean reading a ton of their textbooks early necessarily--although some of them COULD benefit from that--but rather that some summer plans were ultimately and undeniably better than others.

"I'd like to congratulate Ravenclaw on winning the House Cup." Here he paused for applause, offering up his own as well. "And Hufflepuff for winning the Quidditch Cup." Again he paused for applause. The kiddos worked hard this year, even with their little...problem....

"As we head off for the summer, I wanted to let you all know that I've enjoyed working with you and my members of staff. We had some patchy moments but, I guess to copy our Head Boy here, it could've been worse. Let's eat!"

Once he sat, the tables began filling up with food. Now the feast could begin!

As for Toddles...

He turned to the elf again. "Not gonna lie, Toddles, you cost me a ton of trouble this term. A lot more than an elf should if they wanna be useful. Cheeksies is likely sharing the fate of several other things in the castle that came in contact with Fluffsies." He could interpret that as he wanted to. "But it's behind us now, as I'd like the trouble you fall into to be. Next term, I wanna see improvement. I don't want to have to keep monitoring you just for you to get your work done. I don't want the next castle disaster to be on your shoulders. I want you to follow instructions and be able to monitor yourself. Am I clear?"

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.