Thread: International Cooperation Office of Conley Phora
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Beatrice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie View Post
"Good morning." Beatrice summoned up a polite smile as she turned to greet the man in return. Was this the IMC's Department Head then? And was he just showing up to work at this time? A furtive glance at her wristwatch denoted that it was now only about two hours hours before lunch. Guess she came to work much earlier than him.

As she stepped inside his office, the former Ravenclaw did a quick sweep of the premises before picking up their conversation. No need to sit and get comfy. She wasn't staying long anyway. "I'm Beatrice Castell. Department of Environmental Regulation and Protection. I'm a herbologist under the Research and Development division and I have an offer for you, sir." A pretty good one, if you ask her.

Two hours it might be before lunch, but Conley had not had a chance to eat anything since 9am the day prior. As if to betray him, his stomach growled. Loudly, like a chimera. ”Forgive me,” he said moving papers around in his desk into piles, trying to sort things into some semblance of importance.

He motioned to a seat, pretty sure she wouldn’t take it, but offering up the correct pleasantries as he pulled out his own chair and sat down. She sure was chipper and proper. ”Well, Ms. Castell,” he fought the urge to repeat her entire title out loud, but he repeated it in his head. It was a simple way of remembering things. ”What is this exiting offer you have?” he asked. He hoped it wasn’t another petition to change the status of American skunk-cabbage from illegal to legal. He didn't care how well they were going to contain it, it was too dangerous/invasive to grow in the UK. Hence it's banishment.