Thread: Law Enforcement: Office of Alexa Cambridge
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 06:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
RachieRu

DoM & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Narcissa Hensley
Gryffindor
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emma Ferguson
Law Enforcement
Mysteries

x6 x4
Vanessa the Snot Girl l Rachels Rule | rock,tumble,&roll ❆ adorable coffee bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
It was her job to make time, preventing Lex from understanding any sort of gratitude Grace may have been feeling--practical like that--but the Department Head nodded all the same. "Of course, have a seat." She gestured to the chair opposite hers at her table while she began collecting everything on her desk into a neat pile. These she would get back to later. Hopefully she'd have more of a head for it by then.

"Done sitting at home going mad I take it?" There was the faintest hint of a smile at that. She vaguely remembered her own maternity leave. Most of it, for her, was dying to go back to work and constantly avoiding her motherly duties if she could get away with it. A horrible time she was in no rush to get back to. Don't get her wrong, she adored her daughter. Emm was the most important thing in her life.

That said, she didn't want to revisit those early days. Hardly a good memory there.
This Grace did understand, but she still thought it polite to say. She wanted to get off on a good foot with her new boss. She didn't intend on having any more babies any time soon, and so was ready to focus on her career. Or at least, she wanted to focus as much as she could with two small children at home. Luckily she had a great husband. Grace was happy to finally be going back to work though. It would be good to do something for herself, and she couldn't wait to get back into the field.

She smiled as she took a seat. She didn't know how this conversation would go, but she couldn't wait to get back into training, and do the job that she had worked really hard. "Oh yes" She murmured with a little laugh. She adored her kids, but it was hard work being at home with them all the time. At least Narcissa could kind of do her own thing now. She was looking forward to getting out, and being able to have some time with actual adults without kids.

"I adore my kids. But I'm ready to actually have some adult conversation, and so something non-kid related"

But we want to say. Before we drop the curtain. Nothing is for sure. Nothing is for certain