View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 03:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nila Deep View Post
A soft bed and a good night's sleep. That's what she wanted more than anything at that very moment. All the excitement of the past several weeks and build up over the weeks to come was going to get the better of her if she didn't take a few moments to rest. Plus, a hot shower was calling her name.

With her bag slung across her back, she approached the older lady at the counter. "Hey there, I should have a room already reserved. Nila Deep. It might be under Anuja Chaudhary, our coach."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparna Singh View Post
Was she perhaps carrying too much luggage? Maybe, but who knew how long they'd be in England? Also, she needed room for all of her Quidditch gear and souvenirs for her loved ones back home. So yes, the large trunk, duffel bag and overnight bag did have a purpose.

Moving her sunglasses up to sit on top of her head and entering the establishment, Aparna was pleasantly surprised. It seemed to be a rather nice place, completely belying the name. She had to wonder where the owner got that name, The Leaky Cauldron. It didn't really seem like a name one would give a restaurant/inn.

Speaking of inns, as she approached the counter she spotted her teammate Nila asking after a room. "Ditto for me!" she spoke up. "Also maybe under either Anuja Chaudhary or my own name, Aparna Singh." Turning to Nila, she asked "So, you excited?" Personally, she was. The World Cup was the culmination of everything she'd been working towards all her life. All the late practices, missed family dinners, everything.

Another guest! Lucy was beyond excited that the players were arriving. The first young lady looked like it had been a long day of travel and Lucy wanted to get her checked in and taken care of as soon as possible. "Welcome to the Leaky, Ms. Deep, I have you right here and ready to go. The first floor, except room 11, is reserved for all of the Quidditch World Cup players. I believe your captain has already gone up and should be able to point you to the room assigned by your coach."

Noticing another young lady approaching, heavy with luggage, Lucy paused to take her name. "Yes, Ms. Singh. Your room is ready as well. Will either of you care for some assistance with your bags?" As she spoke, Lucy grabbed the QWC Teams sign-in sheet and placed it on the counter. "If I could have both of you initial next to your name then you are welcome to head up to the first floor. And, ladies, please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can get you. I'm happy to send out for any items you may need and our kitchen is fully stocked and ready."