View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 06:58 PM

Post Ralph Fiennes on any kind of Voldemort return, reminisces about costar Alan Rickman

While promoting his latest feature The White Crow, actor Ralph Fiennes (who also directed the drama), was asked by BBC Newsnight about the possibility of coming back in any way, shape or form to portray Lord Voldemort in J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World. That can be watched at about the 6-minute mark of the video below.

Quote:
Ralph Fiennes: Well, there are variants, aren’t there? Fantastic Beasts and things. I feel a kind of affection for Voldemort. So if there was a world in which Voldemort came back, I would be very possessive about wanting to reprise that.
Fiennes did reprise the role of Voldemort after the end of the Harry Potter films, once, for Universal Orlando Resort's Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts ride, alongside Helena Bonham Carter.

Without spoiling too much, Harry Potter fans who at the very least read the script book for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child could affirm that there is a possible chance of seeing Voldemort again. Warner Bros. has said time and time over that, for now, there are no plans to adapt the final story in Harry Potter's life into a film (or several).

Fiennes also recently reminisced with Heart Radio about his old friend and costar, the late Alan Rickman, who played Severus Snape alongside his Voldemort in the Harry Potter films.

Quote:
Fiennes: I was friends with the wonderful Alan Rickman, who sadly passed on, and I miss him very much. [I'll remember him for] his wit, his humour and his incredible loyalty to actors and friends.

He would always come and see you in a play, without fail, and he would give you wonderful insightful guidance about a performance, he had a brilliant understanding of how actors function, he was a very kind man to fellow actors, and kind generally.

He was a brilliant actor with a particular style that no one could come close to, the intelligence within one line-reading of Alan's was extraordinary.
The White Crow hits theaters in the U.S. in limited release beginning April 26, 2019. Details on the movie can be read here.