Thread: Hangout Area
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 10:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
TakemetotheBurrow

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
Well, being the Senior Undersecretary meant she was quite busy in the office, but sometimes January needed a little girl talk to break up the work flow. She worked too much sometimes. Too much that it had gotten her in trouble with her family before - missing family events had happened in the past. Needless to say, they weren't missed anymore.

Looking up at the sound of footsteps, January saw Mariana and smiled. Her smile turned a little sheepish when she asked how she was, knowing that it was specifically directed to the incident at the park a few weeks back. Surely by now she had seen the article as well. "I'm fine," she said as a blanket statement as the other woman sat down and got her lunch out.

January crossed her legs. "I'm sorry you were put in danger on the night of your first orientation. That wasn't a very warm welcome." January stirred her pasta salad around in her container, watching the woman. She seemed strong, though. She remembered that she had immediately looked after her to make sure she was okay and January appreciated that.
Fine was a word often used to mask whatever was really going on inside a person, but Mariana simply nodded and offered January a small smile. The brunette honestly hoped she was fine, because she seemed kind and smart and certainly deserving of a threat-free life.

"I was pretty scared, if I'm being honest. It wasn't your fault, though. You didn't make those fireworks do what they did." So there was absolutely no need to apologize. Mariana munched on a cucumber, remembering the moment she realized something was very wrong. Strangely, it seemed like it was so long ago now that she was here at the ministry, absorbed in her work. "I suppose this is something you've had to prepare for? Being in the position you're in and all." The botanist couldn't imagine having to have aurors on call just in case something like that occurred. It seemed such a strange way to live. "How did your family react when they heard?"