Thread: Godric's Hollow
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 02:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Emilia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
"Hi." Hello. So this was him then, the date her cousin wanted to know all about. She studied him as she took his hand, returning the shake. His eyes were striking, that was for sure. He seemed to be in good shape, athletic build and all. His smile was kind which was somewhat reassuring, but all of these things didn't make the awkwardness of a blind date go away, not completely.

...Also she really wished the salsa instructor wasn't watching this from a few feet away, making her feel like she was on one of those muggle television dramas she'd heard about. She couldn't shake the feeling he was amused by all this and that made her want to shoo him away immediately.

"I'm Emilia Espinosa. Emmy works, too. It's nice to meet you." She looked over her shoulder as music started to play, eyebrows raised as her gaze returned to the guy standing in front of her. "..Can't say I was expecting dancing on this date. You?" It wasn't that she was horrible at dancing or anything, either. It was just...up close and personal in a way she hadn't expected to face.

For a fleeting moment, Fiyero wondered if he approached the wrong girl, but thankfully that didn't happen. Phew! Nothing like a case of mistaken identity to make things super awkward... even more than the usual awkwardness of a blind date! So far, so good, he thought. It was only when his date returned his handshake that he got a good look at her, and he noticed she was quite pretty... nice hair, warm brown eyes. She was beautiful; she just wasn't her.

His smile twitched as she spoke, and he nearly burst out laughing. She had the same name as his aunt. What were the odds of that?! As if things weren't weird enough... He caught himself just in time. He wouldn't want her to think he was laughing at her or anything rude like that! "Emilia... I'm very partial to that name," he said. If she asked, he'd tell her why, but somehow 'hey, you have the same name as my aunt' didn't seem like the type of thing to say to break the ice. "The pleasure's all mine."

Fiyero had almost forgotten about the dancing part of the date until the music started. He shook his head. "No, can't say I was either," he replied, "but what I can't figure out is why salsa dancing in the middle of Godric's Hollow, of all places?" Those two things didn't really go together! He laughed sheepishly, running a hand through his hair. "I must admit I'm more used to the quidditch pitch than the dance floor." He'd never had any reason to learn to dance (unless you count the stuffy Christmas party at Hogwarts back in his fourth year), but he was pretty coordinated so maybe he'd do okay.

"But that's enough about me," he said, offering Emmy his hand as the song started. "Why don't you tell me about yourself?"

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...