View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 12:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
“Thanks…” Gideon said simply as he accepted the drink, taking a sip or two as he listened to Lucy describe how it had been. All in all it appeared to be going well for the Leaky Cauldron and its proprietor. “Decent for the most part,” he admitted for his own shop as the status question was reciprocated. “Mostly pepper-up potions and the like with the various sicknesses abounding.” But business was still business and the bust summer season more than covered any slumps that happened during the rest of the year.

As for talk of her plans… “I suppose I could be willing to come.” You know…prove he wasn’t the consummate hermit, a title he knew was sometimes bestowed upon at times. Well maybe not so much since he took over the shop but still.
Lucy nodded at his mention of pepper up potions and such. It had been a rough year as far as sickness goes. She had been hit with a rather nasty virus over the Christmas holiday. Not the best time for feeling ill with so many families traveling through. "I'm glad to hear it's going well." She assumed his summer business was the bread and butter. The students coming in gave her a nice boost as well.

"Splendid. I'll work on getting something planned. I just love getting to know everyone better." Her grandmotherly instincts gave her such an urge to take care of all the other shopkeepers like family. Lucy glanced over at the clock and noticed the time. "Can I offer you something to eat? On the house. My chef can make you just about anything you could want."