View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 06:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
the potions have been working out wonderfully

That was good news for Gideon to hear. He hadn't be able to not be concerned over whether or not he had made the wrong move, especially since he hadn't consulted with his partner beforehand. "That's great," the potions master remarked to Lucy, taking her suggestion and moving to the side along the counter. No point in blocking the actual customers.

As for the free butterbeer, he almost declined, or at least insisted that he could pay for himself but stopped. Gideon didn't want to appear rude to a kind offer so he nodded. "Sure...why not." This was all about mingling with fellow shopkeepers right. As such, he continued with asking her "How are things in general?" General interest in fellow man and shop.
Lucy gave him a big grin as she slid placed the butterbeer on the counter. It made her happy to be able to treat a fellow shopkeeper. "Things are going well, thank you. Business is good and overnight guests have been coming in at a steady rate." She gestured to the busy pub seating. "I really can't complain. How are things going for you? I do hope business is keeping up this time of year." The mid-winter slump could be a hard time for shopkeepers. Post holidays and too early for spring excitement. In fact, most days she wanted nothing more than to hang out by the fireplace during the dreary winter months.

Lucy took another long sip of her drink and sat the glass on the counter. "I've been thinking about hosting a little event for the Diagon Alley shopkeepers. I feel like we could all use an evening of fun and it would be nice to get to know everyone better. Would that be something you would be interested in?"