View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 06:59 PM   #63 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

presents

Communication is Key

February, 2098
by: Simon Stackton

All sorts of relationships require work from everyone involved. We know this. We have likely seen this all of our lives. Why is it that we seem to forget everything we know to be true when the heart gets involved? Amazing isn't it?

Recently my boyfriend and I went through a very painful period of non-communication. It was, honestly, our first real fight and BOY was it painful! He had gotten into some sort of slump or something like that. And that is FINE. It happens to the best of us, right? The problem? He never communicated with me that he was having a hard time with something. Instead we stopped talking, buried ourselves in work, and stopped even spending time together. Everything was strained for us and between us.

Finally it all came to a head, so to speak. Of course we had this epic fight that ended with hurt feelings and us, again, not speaking for days. The difference was that even though we were shouting and fighting, we had communicated. Somewhat, anyway. (I am still not sure what the root of the problem was, to be honest...) But when cooler heads had prevailed it was all settled like adults.

My point to sharing personal information with all of our readers is that COMMUNICATION is key! Easier said than done? No. It is the easiest thing in the world to do. I find that if I am unable to verbalize my issues that I often get them out by writing them down. Or sending an email or text. It is not meant to be an insincere way of dealing with things, simply sometimes we can form our words better this way.

This is not only true in matters of the heart, either. Friendships are a two-way street, also. If someone is hurting your feelings, not being a good friend, whatever the case is: COMMUNICATE! How can things ever get sorted if the other person doesn't have a clue that there is an issue? It is so simple and yet one of the scariest things we do, right? The anxiety of telling others how we feel can sometimes eclipse the realization that it has to be spoken to be solved.

This is my long-winded way of saying that we have got to start speaking our minds and our hearts in a healthy manner or else all relationships will suffer.

OOC: authorship credit: Erindipity